Physician Licensure: Competition and Monopoly in American Medicine
No abstract is available for this item.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2004.
"Intergovernmental Relations in Employment Policy: The United States Experience,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Alain Noel (ed.), Federalism and Labour market Policy: Comparing Different Governance and Employment Strategies, pages 25-82
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2000. "Intergovernmental Relations and Employment Policy: The United States Experience," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 00-60, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Gilbert Becker, 1986. "The public interest hypothesis revisited: A new test of Peltzman's theory of regulation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 223-234, January.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2013. "The impact of potential labor supply on licensing exam difficulty," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 141-152.
- Mario Pagliero, 2007. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 53, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2013.
- Gaynor, Martin, 1994. "Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 211-255, Spring.
- Martin Gaynor, 1994. "Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services," NBER Working Papers 4695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Courty, Pascal & Marschke, Gerald, 2008. "On the Sorting of Physicians across Medical Occupations," IZA Discussion Papers 3862, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pascal Courty & Gerald R. Marschke, 2008. "On the Sorting of Physicians across Medical Occupations," NBER Working Papers 14502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anca Cotet, 2009. "More Evidence on the Quality-Quantity Trade-off in Medical Care," Working Papers 200902, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2010.
- Frank H. Stephen, 2013. "Lawyers, Markets and Regulation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14803.
- Till Bärnighausen & David E. Bloom, 2009. "Changing Research Perspectives on the Global Health Workforce," NBER Working Papers 15168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith B. Leffler & Cotton M. Lindsay, 1978. "Student Discount Rates, Consumption Loans and Subsidies to Professional Training," UCLA Economics Working Papers 132, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Niels Philipsen, 2011. "Professional Licensing and Self-regulation in Europe and China: A Law and Economics Perspective," Chapters,in: Competition Policy and Regulation, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ivy Lynn Bourgeault & Michel Grignon, 2013. "A Comparison of the Regulation of Health Professional Boundaries across OECD Countries," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(2), pages 199-223, August.
- Law, Marc T. & Kim, Sukkoo, 2005. "Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(03), pages 723-756, September.
- Marc T. Law & Sukkoo Kim, 2004. "Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation," NBER Working Papers 10467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dacuycuy, Lawrence B., 2008. "The migration of health professionals," ILO Working Papers 994112253402676, International Labour Organization.
- Sam Peltzman, 1981. "Current Developments in the Economics of Regulation," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in Public Regulation, pages 371-384 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard O. Zerbe & Howard E. McCurdy, 1999. "The failure of market failure," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 558-578.
- Hanson, Robin, 2003. "Warning labels as cheap-talk: why regulators ban drugs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 2013-2029, September.
- José Miguel Sánchez & Ricardo Sanhueza & Leonardo S. Letelier, 1998. "Autonomía de las instituciones gubernamentales de Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6120, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Shirley Svorny, 2004. "Licensing Doctors: Do Economists Agree?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 279-305, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:21:y:1978:i:1:p:165-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed