Physician Licensure: Competition and Monopoly in American Medicine
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard O. Zerbe & Howard E. McCurdy, 1999. "The failure of market failure," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 558-578.
- Hanson, Robin, 2003. "Warning labels as cheap-talk: why regulators ban drugs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 2013-2029, September.
- Gilbert Becker, 1986. "The public interest hypothesis revisited: A new test of Peltzman's theory of regulation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 223-234, January.
- Sam Peltzman, 1981. "Current Developments in the Economics of Regulation," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in Public Regulation, pages 371-384 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2013.
"The impact of potential labor supply on licensing exam difficulty,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 141-152.
- Mario Pagliero, 2007. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 53, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2013.
- Law, Marc T. & Kim, Sukkoo, 2005.
"Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(03), pages 723-756, September.
- Marc T. Law & Sukkoo Kim, 2004. "Specialization and Regulation: The Rise of Professionals and the Emergence of Occupational Licensing Regulation," NBER Working Papers 10467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shirley Svorny, 2004. "Licensing Doctors: Do Economists Agree?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 279-305, August.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2004.
"Intergovernmental Relations in Employment Policy: The United States Experience,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Alain Noel (ed.), Federalism and Labour market Policy: Comparing Different Governance and Employment Strategies, pages 25-82
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2000. "Intergovernmental Relations and Employment Policy: The United States Experience," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 00-60, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Gaynor, Martin, 1994.
"Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 211-255, Spring.
- Martin Gaynor, 1994. "Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services," NBER Working Papers 4695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anca Cotet, 2009. "More Evidence on the Quality-Quantity Trade-off in Medical Care," Working Papers 200902, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2010.
- Frank H. Stephen, 2013. "Lawyers, Markets and Regulation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14803.
- Niels Philipsen, 2011. "Professional Licensing and Self-regulation in Europe and China: A Law and Economics Perspective," Chapters,in: Competition Policy and Regulation, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pascal Courty & Gerald R. Marschke, 2008.
"On the Sorting of Physicians across Medical Occupations,"
NBER Working Papers
14502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Courty, Pascal & Marschke, Gerald, 2008. "On the Sorting of Physicians across Medical Occupations," IZA Discussion Papers 3862, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mario Pagliero, 2010. "Licensing Exam Difficulty and Entry Salaries in the US Market for Lawyers," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 726-739, December.
- Till Bärnighausen & David E. Bloom, 2009. "Changing Research Perspectives on the Global Health Workforce," NBER Working Papers 15168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith B. Leffler & Cotton M. Lindsay, 1978. "Student Discount Rates, Consumption Loans and Subsidies to Professional Training," UCLA Economics Working Papers 132, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ivy Lynn Bourgeault & Michel Grignon, 2013. "A Comparison of the Regulation of Health Professional Boundaries across OECD Countries," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(2), pages 199-223, August.
- Dacuycuy, Lawrence B., 2008. "The migration of health professionals," ILO Working Papers 994112253402676, International Labour Organization.
- José Miguel Sánchez & Ricardo Sanhueza & Leonardo S. Letelier, 1998. "Autonomía de las instituciones gubernamentales de Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6120, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:21:y:1978:i:1:p:165-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .