Do state expenditures on tobacco control programs decrease use of tobacco products among college students?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christina Czart Ciecierski & Pinka Chatterji & Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Wechsler, 2006. "Do State Expenditures on Tobacco Control Programs Decrease Use of Tobacco Products Among College Students?," NBER Working Papers 12532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- John A. Tauras, 2005. "Can public policy deter smoking escalation among young adults?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 771-784.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Michael Grossman & John A. Tauras, 1996. "Public Policy and Youth Smokeless Tobacco Use," NBER Working Papers 5524, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.039727_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hana Ross & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2004. "The Effect of Public Policies and Prices on Youth Smoking," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 796-815, April.
- C Czart & RL Pacula & RJ Chaloupka & H Wechsler, 2001.
"The Impact Of Prices And Control Policies On Cigarette Smoking Among College Students,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(2), pages 135-149, April.
- Czart, Christina PhD & Pacula, Rosalie Liccardo PhD & Chaloupka, Frank J. PhD & Weschsler, Henry PhD, 2001. "The Impact of Prices and Control Policies on Cigarette Smoking among College Students," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt7j06g804, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Ling, P M & Glantz, S A, 2004. "Tobacco industry research on smoking cessation - Recapturing young adults and other recent quitters," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt2t823095, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Ong, Michael MD, Ph.D. & Alamar, Benjamin Ph.D. & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2003. "Health and Economic Effects of Two Proposals to Increase the California State Cigarette Excise Tax," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt90v1675f, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McGeary, Kerry Anne, 2013. "The impact of state-level nutrition-education program funding on BMI: Evidence from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 67-78.
- Gallet Craig A, 2011. "Determinants of Tobacco Control Funding: Evidence from U.S. States," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-12, July.
- Rhoads, Jennifer K., 2012. "The effect of comprehensive state tobacco control programs on adult cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 393-405.
- Marti, Joachim, 2012. "A best–worst scaling survey of adolescents' level of concern for health and non-health consequences of smoking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 87-97.
More about this item
Keywordstobacco control programs ; youth smoking ;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:20:y:2011:i:3:p:253-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .