Do state expenditures on tobacco control programs decrease use of tobacco products among college students?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christina Czart Ciecierski & Pinka Chatterji & Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Wechsler, 2006. "Do State Expenditures on Tobacco Control Programs Decrease Use of Tobacco Products Among College Students?," NBER Working Papers 12532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Michael Grossman & John A. Tauras, 1996. "Public Policy and Youth Smokeless Tobacco Use," NBER Working Papers 5524, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.),Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627, Elsevier.
- Tauras, J.A. & Chaloupka, F.J. & Farrelly, M.C. & Giovino, G.A. & Wakefield, M. & Johnston, L.D. & O'Malley, P.M. & Kloska, D.D. & Pechacek, T.F., 2005. "State tobacco control spending and youth smoking," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 95(2), pages 338-344.
- Farrelly, M.C. & Pechacek, T.F. & Thomas, K.Y. & Nelson, D., 2008. "The impact of tobacco control programs on adult smoking," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 98(2), pages 304-309.
- Hana Ross & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2004. "The Effect of Public Policies and Prices on Youth Smoking," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 796-815, April.
- C Czart & RL Pacula & RJ Chaloupka & H Wechsler, 2001.
"The Impact Of Prices And Control Policies On Cigarette Smoking Among College Students,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(2), pages 135-149, April.
- Czart, Christina PhD & Pacula, Rosalie Liccardo PhD & Chaloupka, Frank J. PhD & Weschsler, Henry PhD, 2001. "The Impact of Prices and Control Policies on Cigarette Smoking among College Students," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt7j06g804, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Ong, Michael MD, Ph.D. & Alamar, Benjamin Ph.D. & Glantz, Stanton A. Ph.D., 2003. "Health and Economic Effects of Two Proposals to Increase the California State Cigarette Excise Tax," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt90v1675f, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Farrelly, Matthew C. & Pechacek, Terry F. & Chaloupka, Frank J., 2003. "The impact of tobacco control program expenditures on aggregate cigarette sales: 1981-2000," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 843-859, September.
- Ling, P M & Glantz, S A, 2004. "Tobacco industry research on smoking cessation - Recapturing young adults and other recent quitters," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt2t823095, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Michael L. Marlow, 2006. "Tobacco Control Programs and Tobacco Consumption," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 26(3), pages 573-591, Fall.
- John A. Tauras, 2005. "Can public policy deter smoking escalation among young adults?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 771-784.
- Nelson, D.E. & Mowery, P. & Tomar, S. & Marcus, S. & Giovino, G. & Zhao, L., 2006. "Trends in smokeless tobacco use among adults and adolescents in the United States," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 96(5), pages 897-905.
- Powell, Lisa M. & Tauras, John A. & Ross, Hana, 2005. "The importance of peer effects, cigarette prices and tobacco control policies for youth smoking behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 950-968, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rhoads, Jennifer K., 2012. "The effect of comprehensive state tobacco control programs on adult cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 393-405.
- Yuqing Zheng & Chen Zhen & Daniel Dench & James M. Nonnemaker, 2017.
"U.S. Demand for Tobacco Products in a System Framework,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(8), pages 1067-1086, August.
- Zheng, Yuqing & Zhen, Chen & Nonnemaker, James & Dench, Daniel, 2014. "U.S. Demand for Tobacco Products in a System Framework," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 174110, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Marti, Joachim, 2012. "A best–worst scaling survey of adolescents' level of concern for health and non-health consequences of smoking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 87-97.
- Galinato, Gregmar & Hong, Yeon A., 2018. "Tobacco Education Program Spending and Tobacco Use among Adolescents," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(3), September.
- Joachim Marti, 2014. "The Impact Of Tobacco Control Expenditures On Smoking Initiation And Cessation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(12), pages 1397-1410, December.
- McGeary, Kerry Anne, 2013. "The impact of state-level nutrition-education program funding on BMI: Evidence from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 67-78.
- Gallet Craig A, 2011. "Determinants of Tobacco Control Funding: Evidence from U.S. States," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-12, July.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:20:y:2011:i:3:p:253-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.