The effect of Taiwan's tax-induced increases in cigarette prices on brand-switching and the consumption of cigarettes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hai-Yen Sung & Teh-Wei Hu & Theodore E. Keeler, 1994. "Cigarette Taxation And Demand: An Empirical Model," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(3), pages 91-100, July.
- Lanoie, Paul & Leclair, Paul, 1998. "Taxation or regulation:: Looking for a good anti-smoking policy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 85-89, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:9:1389-1391_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suranovic, Steven M. & Goldfarb, Robert S. & Leonard, Thomas C., 1999. "An economic theory of cigarette addiction," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-29, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:9:1218-1222_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1989:79:2:188-191_9 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hung-Hao Chang & Tung-liang Chiang, 2009. "Depressive symptoms, smoking, and cigarette price elasticity: results from a population-based survey in Taiwan," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 54(6), pages 421-426, December.
- Lin, Tsui-Fang, 2008. "Modifiable health risk factors and medical expenditures - The case of Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(11), pages 1727-1736, December.
- Claudio Agostini, 2010. "Tributación a Los Cigarrillos: Análisis y Propuestas," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv246, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Pu, Cheng-yun & Lan, Virginia & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Lan, Chung-fu, 2008. "The crowding-out effects of tobacco and alcohol where expenditure shares are low: Analyzing expenditure data for Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1979-1989, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:14:y:2005:i:6:p:627-641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.