Reducing cigarette consumption in California: Tobacco taxes vs an anti- smoking media campaign
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theodore E. Keeler & Teh-wei Hu & Alison Keith & Richard Manning & Martin D. Marciniak & Michael Ong & Hai-Yen Sung, 2002. "The benefits of switching smoking cessation drugs to over-the-counter status," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 389-402.
- Decicca, P. & Kenkel, D. & Mathios, A., 2000.
"Putting Out the Fires: Will Higher Taxes Reduce Youth Smoking,"
00-3, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Donald & Mathios, Alan, 2000. "Putting Out The Fires: Will Higher Taxes Reduce Youth Smoking?," Working Papers 00-3, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Alberto Abadie & Alexis Diamond & Jens Hainmueller, 2007.
"Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of California's Tobacco Control Program,"
NBER Working Papers
12831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Abadie & Alexis Diamond & Jens Hainmueller, 2007. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of California's Tobacco Control Program," NBER Technical Working Papers 0335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Galinato, Gregmar I. & Olanie, Aaron Z. & Yoder, Jonathan K., 2017.
"The Trade and Health Effects of Tobacco Regulations,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(3), September.
- Gregmar Galinato & Aaron Olanie & Jon Yoder, 2013. "The Trade and Health Effects of Tobacco Regulations," Working Papers 2013-09, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Michelle Inness & Julian Barling & Keith Rogers & Nick Turner, 2008. "De-marketing Tobacco Through Price Changes and Consumer Attempts Quit Smoking," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(4), pages 405-416, February.
- Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Larsen, Erling Røed & Sommervoll, Dag Einar, 2009. "Driven to drink: Sin taxes near a border," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1175-1184, December.
- Farrelly, Matthew C. & Pechacek, Terry F. & Chaloupka, Frank J., 2003. "The impact of tobacco control program expenditures on aggregate cigarette sales: 1981-2000," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 843-859, September.
- Mei-ling Sheu & Teh-wei Hu & Theodore E. Keeler & Michael Ong & Hai-Yen Sung, 2004. "The effect of a major cigarette price change on smoking behavior in california: a zero-inflated negative binomial model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 781-791.
- Levy, David T. & Hyland, Andrew & Higbee, Cheryl & Remer, Lillian & Compton, Christine, 2007. "The role of public policies in reducing smoking prevalence in California: Results from the California Tobacco Policy Simulation Model," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 167-185, July.
- Werfel, Seth H. & Jaffe, Adam B., 2013. "Induced innovation and technology trajectory: Evidence from smoking cessation products," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 15-22.
- Hong Liu & Wei Tan, 2009. "The Effect of Anti-Smoking Media Campaign on Smoking Behavior: The California Experience," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 10(1), pages 29-47, May.
- Yi-Wen Tsai & Chung-Lin Yang & Chin-Shyan Chen & Tsai-Ching Liu & Pei-Fen Chen, 2005. "The effect of Taiwan's tax-induced increases in cigarette prices on brand-switching and the consumption of cigarettes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 627-641.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:9:1218-1222_0. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: https://www.apha.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.