Impacts of growth stimulants in the domestic livestock sector
Many individuals are predicting a second Green Revolution in agriculture from the introduction of growth stimulants into the livestock industries. An economy-wide approach is used to determine the affects on prices and quantities of introducing growth stimulants in the domestic dairy and pork industries. In general, the impacts are found to be much smaller than previous research focused at the sectoral level has suggested. Increases in the amount of lean meat per hog may actually lead to a reduction in the total number of hogs slaughtered. © 1992 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 8 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blackorby, Charles, et al, 1970. "Homothetic Separability and Consumer Budgeting," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 468-72, May.
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Jones, Richard & Kimbell, Larry J. & Wigle, Randal, 1993. "How robust is applied general equilibrium analysis?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 99-115, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:8:y:1992:i:4:p:287-307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.