Dynamic relationships between agribusiness sales and research
Agribusiness sales have been volatile, depending on such factors as agricultural exports, farm commodity prices, and government programs. While agribusiness sales are used to finance private sector research, the impact of volatility in sales on research expenditures has generally been ignored. The objective of this study is to determine whether dynamic relationships between agribusiness sales and research exist. Panel data for chemicals, machinery, and seed are analyzed using a vector autoregression model. Statistically significant dynamic relationships were identified. These results have important implications for public sector research policy and private sector research management.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 8 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francis X. Diebold & Marc Nerlove, 1988. "Unit roots in economic time series: a selective survey," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Newey, Whitney & Rosen, Harvey S, 1988.
"Estimating Vector Autoregressions with Panel Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1371-95, November.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to demonstrate IV estimation of VAR in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTZ00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Farrell E. Jensen & C. Arden Pope, 1987. "The changing structure of US agriculture and implications for research in agribusiness firms," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 139-150.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:8:y:1992:i:3:p:233-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.