The impact of cooperatives' risk aversion and equity capital constraints on their inter-firm consolidation and collaboration strategies-with an empirical study of the European dairy industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Royer, Jeffrey S., 1999. "Cooperative Organizational Strategies: A Neo-Institutional Digest," Journal of Cooperatives, NCERA-210, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
- Alfred D. Chandler, 1969. "Strategy and Structure: Chapters in the History of the American Industrial Enterprise," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262530090.
- George W. J. Hendrikse, 1998. "Screening, Competition and the Choice of the Cooperative as an Organisational Form," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 202-217.
- Adesoji Adelaja & Rodolfo Nayga & Zafar Farooq, 1999. "Predicting mergers and acquisitions in the food industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 1-23.
- Darren Hudson & Cary W. Herndon, 2002. "Factors influencing probability and frequency of participation in merger and partnership activity in agricultural cooperatives," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 231-246.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena MELIÁ MARTÍ & Ma Pía CARNICER ANDRÉS, 2015. "Organizational models for the major agri-food cooperative groups in the European Union," CIRIEC Working Papers 1506, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
- Grashuis, Jasper & Cook, Michael, 2016. "Capital, Ownership, and Governance: Analyzing the Structure of U.S. Farmer Cooperatives," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235677, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Juan Juliá-Igual & Elena Meliá-Martí & Gabriel García-Martinez, 2012. "Strategies developed by leading EU agrifood cooperatives in their growth models," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 6(1), pages 27-46, March.
- Charlebois, Sylvain, 2016. "Policy-change Triggered Environmental Uncertainty in a Dairy Cooperative: The Case of Mila in South Tyrol," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-13, July.
- Declerck, Francis, 2015. "Financial Instruments and Conflicts of Interest: Application to French Agricultural Co-operatives," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-13, December.
- Nilsson, Lovisa, 2010. "Cooperatives in transition," Department of Economics publications 2296, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Salavou, Helen E. & Sergaki, Panagiota, 2013. "Generic Business Strategies in Greece: Private Food Firms versus Agricultural Cooperatives," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-17.
- George Hendrikse & Li Feng, 2013. "Interfirm cooperatives," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 26 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nilsson, Jerker & Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2011. "Free Riding or Trust? Why Members (do not) Monitor their Cooperatives," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-20.
- Royer, Jeffrey S., 2012. "Implications of the Cooperative Organizational Form for Vertical Expansion," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-20.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:23:y:2007:i:4:p:453-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.