Potential for Savings and Efficiency Enhancement in Public Administration. Results of an International Benchmarking Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Angelika Pasterniak & Hans Pitlik, 2008. "Potentials for Savings and Efficiency Enhancement in Public Administration. Results of an International Benchmarking Analysis," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 81(12), pages 923-940, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tirole, Jean, 1994. "The Internal Organization of Government," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Ulrike Mandl & Adriaan Dierx & Fabienne Ilzkovitz, 2008. "The effectiveness and efficiency of public spending," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 301, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1999. "Public and Private Bureaucracies: A Transaction Cost Economics Perspective," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 306-342, April.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, April.
- Hans Pitlik, 2008. "Theoretical Key Elements for a Fundamental Reform of Federal Fiscal Relations," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 13(1), pages 22-35, April.
- Elsa Pilichowski & Edouard Turkisch, 2008. "Employment in Government in the Perspective of the Production Costs of Goods and Services in the Public Domain," OECD Working Papers on Public Governance 8, OECD Publishing.
- Niskanen, William A, 1975. "Bureaucrats and Politicians," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 617-643, December.
- Douglas Sutherland & Robert W. R. Price, 2007. "Linkages Between Performance and Institutions in the Primary and Secondary Education Sector," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 558, OECD Publishing.
- Moe, Terry M, 1990. "Political Institutions: The Neglected Side of the Story," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 213-253.
- Zsuzsanna Lonti & Matt Woods, 2008. "Towards Government at a Glance: Identification of Core Data and Issues related to Public Sector Efficiency," OECD Working Papers on Public Governance 7, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Pitlik & Kristina Budimir & Norbert Gruber, 2010. "Options for Budget Consolidation on the Expenditure Side," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(2), pages 211-230, July.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Administration; Benchmarking Analysis; Efficiency Enhancement; Austria;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2009:i:1:p:23-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wifooat.html .