On the Production Function for Italy
In this paper, we assess the ability of the Cobb-Douglas framework to match the empirical evidence for Italy. While the growth accounting approach requires the validity of this functional form and of its parameters, we conduct econometric analysis on a panel of regions for the years 2000- 2006 and suggest (i) an alternative specification and (ii) a twofold time series data construction, under which the Cobb-Douglas framework appears to yield the most credible and well-specified formulation of the Italian production function.
Volume (Year): 118 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. Daveri & C. Jona-Lasinio, 2006.
"Italy’s decline: getting the facts right,"
Economics Department Working Papers
2006-EP01, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci, 2010.
"The effects of public capital on the productivity of the Italian regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(8), pages 989-1002.
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2006. "The effects of public capital on the productivity of the Italian regions," Working Paper CRENoS 200613, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miriam A. Golden & Lucio Picci, 2005. "Proposal For A New Measure Of Corruption, Illustrated With Italian Data," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 37-75, 03.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, 07.
- Sergio Destefanis & Vania Sena, 2005. "Public capital and total factor productivity: New evidence from the Italian regions, 1970-98," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 603-617.
- Guido Ascari & Valeria Di Cosmo, 2005.
"Determinants of Total Factor Productivity in the Italian Regions,"
- Guido Ascari & Valeria di Cosmo, 2005. "Determinants of total factor productivity in the italian Regions," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2005(2).
- David Aschauer, 1988.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
88-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2007.
"Quality of Human and Physical Capital and Technological Gaps across Italian Regions,"
15740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincenzo Scoppa, 2007. "Quality of Human and Physical Capital and Technological Gaps across Italian Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 585-599.
- R. Paci & R. Pala & E. Marrocu, 2000. "Estimation of total factor productivity for regions and sectors in Italy. A panel cointegration approach," Working Paper CRENoS 200016, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Aiello & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2000. "Uneven Regional Development in Italy: Explaining Differences in Productivity Levels," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 59(2), pages 270-298, September.
- Lucio Picci, 1999.
"Productivity and Infrastructure in the Italian Regions,"
Giornale degli Economisti,
GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 58(3-4), pages 329-353, December.
- Lucio Picci, 1995. "Productivity and Infrastructure in the Italian Regions," Working Papers 230, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Mauro, Luciano, 2004. "The macroeconomics of Italy: a regional perspective," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 927-944, December.
- Breusch, Trevor & Ward, Michael B & Nguyen, Hoa & Kompas, Tom, 2010. "On the fixed-effects vector decomposition," MPRA Paper 21452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Giorgio Nuzzo, 2006. "Explaining labour productivity differentials across Italian regions: the role of socio-economic structure and factor endowments," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 299-320, 06.
- Sergio Destefanis & Vania Sena, 2003. "Public Capital and Total Factor Productivity. New Evidence from the Italian Regions," CELPE Discussion Papers 73, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vep:journl:y:2010:v:118:i:4:p:401-416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vep - Vita e Pensiero)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.