Intra-Regional Amenities, Wages, and Home Prices: The Role of Forests in the Southwest
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lucie Schmidt & Paul N. Courant, 2006.
"Sometimes Close Is Good Enough: The Value Of Nearby Environmental Amenities,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(5), pages 931-951.
- Lucie Schmidt & Paul N. Courant, 2003. "Sometimes Close is Good Enough: The Value of Nearby Environmental Amenities," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-07, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Graves, Philip E. & Arthur, Michelle M. & Sexton, Robert L., 1999. "Amenities and the labor earnings function," MPRA Paper 19911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "The Rising Price of Nonmarket Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 227-232, May.
- Acharya, Gayatri & Bennett, Lynne Lewis, 2001. "Valuing Open Space and Land-Use Patterns in Urban Watersheds," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2-3), pages 221-237, March-May.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Estimating a Wage Curve for Britain: 1973-90," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(426), pages 1025-1043, September.
- Gawande, Kishore & Bohara, Alok K. & Berrens, Robert P. & Wang, Pingo, 2000. "Internal migration and the environmental Kuznets curve for US hazardous waste sites," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 151-166, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charlotte Ham & John B. Loomis & Patricia A. Champ, 2015. "Relative Economic Values of Open Space Provided by National Forest and Military Lands to Surrounding Communities," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 81-96, March.
- Mani Nepal, "undated". "Where gathering firewood matters: Proximity and forest management effects in hedonic pricing models for rural Nepal," Working papers 113, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- repec:bla:growch:v:47:y:2016:i:4:p:461-480 is not listed on IDEAS
- Germán M. Izãn & Michael S. Hand & Matias Fontenla & Robert P. Berrens, 2010. "The Economic Value Of Protecting Inventoried Roadless Areas: A Spatial Hedonic Price Study In New Mexico," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(4), pages 537-553, October.
- David A. McGranahan & Timothy R. Wojan & Dayton M. Lambert, 2011. "The rural growth trifecta: outdoor amenities, creative class and entrepreneurial context -super-§," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 529-557, May.
- Charlotte Ham & Patricia A. Champ & John B. Loomis & Robin M. Reich, 2012. "Accounting for Heterogeneity of Public Lands in Hedonic Property Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 444-456.
- Abildtrup, Jens & Garcia, Serge & Olsen, Søren Bøye & Stenger, Anne, 2013.
"Spatial preference heterogeneity in forest recreation,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 67-77.
- Abildtrup, Jens & Garcia, Serge & Olsen, Soren Boye & Stenger, Anne, 2011. "Spatial Preference Heterogeneity in Forest Recreation," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 120386, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Koirala, Bishwa S. & Bohara, Alok K. & Berrens, Robert P., 2014. "Estimating the net implicit price of energy efficient building codes on U.S. households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 667-675.
- Hand, Michael S. & Thacher, Jennifer A. & McCollum, Daniel W. & Berrens, Robert P., 2008. "Forest Amenities and Location Choice in the Southwest," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(2), August.
- Price, James I. & McCollum, Daniel W. & Berrens, Robert P., 2010. "Insect infestation and residential property values: A hedonic analysis of the mountain pine beetle epidemic," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 415-422, July.
- Waltert, Fabian & Schläpfer, Felix, 2010. "Landscape amenities and local development: A review of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 141-152, December.
- Joshi, Janak & Ali, Mohammad & Berrens, Robert P., 2017. "Valuing farm access to irrigation in Nepal: A hedonic pricing model," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 35-46.
More about this item
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:84:y:2008:i:4:p:635-651. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.