Effects of Norms and Opportunity Cost of Time on Household Recycling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bente Halvorsen & Kjartan Sœlensminde, 1998. "Differences between Willingness-to-Pay Estimates from Open-Ended and Discrete-Choice Contingent Valuation Methods: The Effects of Heteroscedasticity," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 262-282.
- Tiller, Kelly & Jakus, Paul M. & Park, William M., 1997. "Household Willingness To Pay For Dropoff Recycling," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Hong Seonghoon & Adams Richard M. & Love H. Alan, 1993. "An Economic Analysis of Household Recycling of Solid Wastes: The Case of Portland, Oregon," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 136-146, September.
- Johansson,Per-Olov, 1993. "Cost-Benefit Analysis of Environmental Change," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521447928, May.
- Jakus, Paul M. & Tiller, Kelly & Park, William M., 1996. "Generation Of Recyclables By Rural Households," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Jenkins, Robin R. & Martinez, Salvador A. & Palmer, Karen & Podolsky, Michael J., 2003. "The determinants of household recycling: a material-specific analysis of recycling program features and unit pricing," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 294-318, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yalin Yuan & Hisako Nomura & Yoshifumi Takahashi & Mitsuyasu Yabe, 2016. "Model of Chinese Household Kitchen Waste Separation Behavior: A Case Study in Beijing City," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-15, October.
- Abbott, Andrew & Nandeibam, Shasikanta & O'Shea, Lucy, 2013. "Recycling: Social norms and warm-glow revisited," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 10-18.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joel Huber & Jason Bell, 2011. "Promoting Recycling: Private Values, Social Norms, and Economic Incentives," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 65-70, May.
- D'Amato, Alessio & Mancinelli, Susanna & Zoli, Mariangela, 2016. "Complementarity vs substitutability in waste management behaviors," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 84-94.
- Ivlevs, Artjoms, 2017. "Adverse Welfare Shocks and Pro-Environmental Behaviour: Evidence from the Global Economic Crisis," IZA Discussion Papers 11133, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cecere, Grazia & Mancinelli, Susanna & Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2014.
"Waste prevention and social preferences: the role of intrinsic and extrinsic motivations,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 163-176.
- Grazia Cecere & Susanna Mancinelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2013. "Waste prevention and social preferences : the role of intrinsic and extrinsic motivations," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01274243, HAL.
- Grazia Cecere & Susanna Mancinelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2013. "Waste Prevention and Social Preferences: The Role of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivations," Working Papers 2013.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Grazia Cecere & Susanna Mancinelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2014. "Waste Prevention and Social Preferences: The Role of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivations," SEEDS Working Papers 2014, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Aug 2014.
- Shigeru Matsumoto, 2014. "Spouses’ time allocation to pro-environmental activities: who is saving the environment at home?," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 159-176, March.
- Gorm Kipperberg & Douglas Larson, 2012. "Heterogeneous Preferences for Community Recycling Programs," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(4), pages 577-604, December.
- Artjoms Ivlevs, 2017. "Adverse Welfare Shocks and Pro-Environmental Behaviour: Evidence from the Global Economic Crisis," Working Papers id:12260, eSocialSciences.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joel Huber & Jason Bell & Caroline Cecot, 2013.
"Discontinuous Behavioral Responses to Recycling Laws and Plastic Water Bottle Deposits,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 110-155.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joel Huber & Jason Bell & Caroline Cecot, 2009. "Discontinuous Behavioral Responses to Recycling Laws and Plastic Water Bottle Deposits," NBER Working Papers 15585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Damiano Fiorillo, 2013.
"Household waste recycling: national survey evidence from Italy,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(8), pages 1125-1151, October.
- Damiano Fiorillo, 2011. "Household waste recycling: National survey evidence from Italy," Discussion Papers 10_2011, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Fiorillo, Damiano, 2011. "Household waste recycling: national survey evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 33631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bente Halvorsen, 2010. "Good girl-bad boy. Making identity statements when answering a questionnaire," Discussion Papers 609, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Ferrara, Ida & Missios, Paul, 2016.
"Reduce, Reuse or Recycle? Household Decisions over Waste Prevention and Recycling,"
74863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Missios & Ida Ferrara, 2016. "Reduce, Reuse or Recycle? Household Decisions over Waste Prevention and Recycling," Working Papers 065, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- FIORILLO, Damiano & SENATORE, Luigi, 2016.
"Self Image and Environmental Attitude and Behavior,"
CELPE Discussion Papers
140, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Fiorillo, Damiano & Senatore, Luigi, 2016. "Self Image and Environmental Attitude and Behavior," MPRA Paper 74888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hua Zhang & Zong-Guo Wen, 2014. "Residents’ Household Solid Waste (HSW) Source Separation Activity: A Case Study of Suzhou, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(9), pages 1-21, September.
- Campbell, Benjamin L. & Khachatryan, Hayk & Behe, Bridget K. & Hall, Charles & Dennis, Jennifer, 2014. "Crunch the Can or Throw the Bottle? Effect of “Bottle Deposit Laws” and Municipal Recycling Programs," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170379, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stefano Carattini & Andrea Baranzini & Rafael Lalive, 2016. "Is Taxing Waste a Waste of Time? Evidence From a Supreme Court Decision," GRI Working Papers 227, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Ferrara, Ida & Missios, Paul, 2011. "A Cross-Country Study of Household Waste Prevention and Recycling: Assessing the Effective of Policy Instruments," MPRA Paper 70811, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kinnaman, Thomas C. & Shinkuma, Takayoshi & Yamamoto, Masashi, 2014. "The socially optimal recycling rate: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 54-70.
- Shigeru Matsumoto, 2014. "The Opportunity Cost of Pro-Environmental Activities: Spending Time to Promote the Environment," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 119-130, March.
More about this item
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:84:y:2008:i:3:p:501-516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.