Engel's What? A Response to Gan and Vernon
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. L. Nicholson, 1976. "Appraisal Of Different Methods Of Estimating Equivalence Scales And Their Results," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 22(1), pages 1-11, March.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Timothy J. Halliday, 2010.
"Mismeasured Household Size and its Implications for the Identification of Economies of Scale,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(2), pages 246-262, April.
- Timothy Halliday, 2007. "Mismeasured Household Size and Its Implications for the Identification of Economies of Scale," Working Papers 200709, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Halliday, Timothy J., 2008. "Mismeasured Household Size and Its Implications for the Identification of Economies of Scale," IZA Discussion Papers 3896, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Trevon D. Logan, 2011.
"Economies Of Scale In The Household: Puzzles And Patterns From The American Past,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(4), pages 1008-1028, October.
- Trevon D. Logan, 2008. "Economies of Scale in the Household: Puzzles and Patterns from the American Past," NBER Working Papers 13869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alejandrina Salcedo & Todd Schoellman & Michèle Tertilt, 2012.
"Families as roommates: Changes in U.S. household size from 1850 to 2000,"
Econometric Society, vol. 3(1), pages 133-175, March.
- Alejandrina Salcedo & Todd Schoellman & Michèle Tertilt, 2009. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," NBER Working Papers 15477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Salcedo, Alejandrina & Schoellman, Todd & Tertilt, Michèle, 2009. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 7543, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alejandrina Salcedo & Todd Schoellman & Michèle Tertilt, 2010. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," Working Papers 2010-07, Banco de México.
- Michele Tertilt, 2009. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," Discussion Papers 09-001, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Perali, Federico, 2008. "The second Engel law: Is it a paradox?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1353-1377, November.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Yuqian Lu, 2004.
"Exploring the Returns to Scale in Food Preparation (Baking Penny Buns at Home),"
Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers
121, McMaster University.
- Thomas Crossley & Yuqian Lu, 2005. "Exploring the returns to scale in food preparation (baking penny buns at home)," IFS Working Papers W05/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- José Faro, 2013. "Cobb-Douglas preferences under uncertainty," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 54(2), pages 273-285, October.
- Feridoon Koohi-Kamali, 2014. "Household Size, Economies of Scale, and Public Goods in Consumption: A Proposal to Resolve the Food Share "Paradox"," Emory Economics 1411, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Gutierrezy, Federico H., 2018. "A Sharing Model of the Household: Explaining the Deaton-Paxson Paradox and Computing Household Indifference Scales," GLO Discussion Paper Series 166, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Jacobson, David & Mavrikiou, Petroula M. & Minas, Christos, 2010. "Household size, income and expenditure on food: The case of Cyprus," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 319-328, April.
- Timothy Halliday, 2006. "Bounding Expected Per Capita Household Consumption in the Presence of Demographic Change," Working Papers 200610, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Donald Vitaliano, 2015. "A note on the ‘food paradox’: some contradictory evidence," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 1043-1053, December.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Yuqian Lu, 2004. "Exploring the Returns-to-Scale in Food Preparation," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-06, McMaster University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:111:y:2003:i:6:p:1378-1381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .