When and Why Individuals Obey Contracts: Experimental Evidence of Consent, Compliance, Promise, and Performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhattacharjee, Sudip & Gopal, Ram D & Lertwachara, Kaveepan & Marsden, James R, 2006. "Impact of Legal Threats on Online Music Sharing Activity: An Analysis of Music Industry Legal Actions," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(1), pages 91-114, April.
- Craswell, Richard, 1988. "Precontractual Investigation as an Optimal Precaution Problem," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 401-436, June.
- Yannis Bakos & Florencia Marotta-Wurgler & David R. Trossen, 2009. "Does Anyone Read the Fine Print? Testing a Law and Economics Approach to Standard Form Contracts," Working Papers 09-04, NET Institute, revised Aug 2009.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christoph Engel & André Schmelzer, 2017. "Committing the English and the Continental Way – An Experiment," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2017_16, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- repec:eee:gamebe:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:161-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ederer, Florian & Stremitzer, Alexander, 2017.
"Promises and expectations,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 161-178.
- Florian Ederer & Alexander Stremitzer, 2013. "Promises and Expectations," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1931R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 2017.
- Florian Ederer & Alexander Stremitzer, 2014. "Promises and Expectations," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000887, David K. Levine.
- Florian Ederer & Alexander Stremitzer, 2013. "Promises and Expectations," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1931, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2016.
- Kirsten Martin, 2016. "Do Privacy Notices Matter? Comparing the Impact of Violating Formal Privacy Notices and Informal Privacy Norms on Consumer Trust Online," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(S2), pages 191-215.
- Dodonova, Anna & Khoroshilov, Yuri, 2014. "Compensation and performance: An experimental study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 304-307.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlstud:doi:10.1086/664688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.