Does Anyone Read the Fine Print? Testing a Law and Economics Approach to Standard Form Contracts
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas J. Maronick, 2014. "Do Consumers Read Terms of Service Agreements When Installing Software? - A Two-Study Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 4(6), pages 137-145, June.
- Thomas J. Maronick, 2014. "Do Consumers Read Terms of Service Agreements When Installing Software? - A Two-Study Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 4(6), pages 137-145, June.
- Mitja Kovač & Ann-Sophie Vandenberghe, 2015. "Regulation of Automatic Renewal Clauses: A Behavioural Law and Economics Approach," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 287-313, September.
- Procaccia Yuval & Harel Alon, 2012. "On the Optimal Regulation of Unread Contracts," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 59-89, April.
- Zev J. Eigen, 2012. "When and Why Individuals Obey Contracts: Experimental Evidence of Consent, Compliance, Promise, and Performance," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 67-93.
- Maen Alaraj & Makoto Nishibe, 2020. "Stimulate currency circulation in the currency community by creating a customized community," Evolutionary and Institutional Economics Review, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 399-412, July.
- Florencia Marotta-Wurgler, 2012. "Does Contract Disclosure Matter?," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 168(1), pages 94-119, March.
- N. Helberger & M. Loos & Lucie Guibault & Chantal Mak & Lodewijk Pessers, 2013. "Digital Content Contracts for Consumers," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 37-57, March.
More about this item
Keywordsonline contracts; clickwrap; informed minority; ecommerce law; contracts law; standard form contracts;
All these keywords.
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EXP-2009-09-11 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2009-09-11 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2009-09-11 (Marketing)
- NEP-REG-2009-09-11 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:0904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.