Does Anyone Read the Fine Print? Testing a Law and Economics Approach to Standard Form Contracts
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas J. Maronick, 2014. "Do Consumers Read Terms of Service Agreements When Installing Software? - A Two-Study Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 4(6), pages 137-145, June.
- Procaccia Yuval & Harel Alon, 2012. "On the Optimal Regulation of Unread Contracts," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 59-89, April.
- Zev J. Eigen, 2012. "When and Why Individuals Obey Contracts: Experimental Evidence of Consent, Compliance, Promise, and Performance," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 67-93.
- Florencia Marotta-Wurgler, 2012. "Does Contract Disclosure Matter?," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 168(1), pages 94-119, March.
- Mitja Kovač & Ann-Sophie Vandenberghe, 2015. "Regulation of Automatic Renewal Clauses: A Behavioural Law and Economics Approach," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 287-313, September.
- N. Helberger & M. Loos & Lucie Guibault & Chantal Mak & Lodewijk Pessers, 2013. "Digital Content Contracts for Consumers," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 37-57, March.
More about this item
Keywordsonline contracts; clickwrap; informed minority; ecommerce law; contracts law; standard form contracts;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2009-09-11 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2009-09-11 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2009-09-11 (Marketing)
- NEP-REG-2009-09-11 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:0904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .