Pharmaceutical Policy Change and the Safety of New Drugs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olson, Mary, 1996. "Substitution in Regulatory Agencies: FDA Enforcement Alternatives," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 376-407, October.
- Mary K. Olson, 2000. "Regulatory Reform and Bureaucratic Responsiveness to Firms: the Impact of User Fees in the FDA," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 363-395, June.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1987.
"The Health Effects of Mandatory Prescriptions,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 207-238, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1986. "The Health Effects of Mandatory Prescriptions," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 38, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Olson, Mary K, 1995. "Regulatory Agency Discretion among Competing Industries: Inside the FDA," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 379-405, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abraham, John & Davis, Courtney, 2005. "A comparative analysis of drug safety withdrawals in the UK and the US (1971-1992): Implications for current regulatory thinking and policy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(5), pages 881-892, September.
- Henry Grabowski & Y. Richard Wang, 2008. "Do Faster Food and Drug Administration Drug Reviews Adversely Affect Patient Safety? An Analysis of the 1992 Prescription Drug User Fee Act," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 377-406, May.
- Olson, Mary K., 2004. "Are novel drugs more risky for patients than less novel drugs?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1135-1158, November.
- Niklas Rudholm, 2004. "Approval times and the safety of new pharmaceuticals," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 5(4), pages 345-350, November.
- Guy David & Sara Markowitz & Seth Richards-Shubik, 2010.
"The Effects of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Promotion on Adverse Drug Events and Regulation,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-25, November.
- Guy David & Sara Markowitz & Seth Richards, 2009. "The Effects of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Promotion on Adverse Drug Events and Regulation," NBER Working Papers 14634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olson, Mary K., 2008. "The risk we bear: The effects of review speed and industry user fees on new drug safety," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 175-200, March.
- Philipson, Tomas & Berndt, Ernst R. & Gottschalk, Adrian H.B. & Sun, Eric, 2008. "Cost-benefit analysis of the FDA: The case of the prescription drug user fee acts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1306-1325, June.
- repec:spr:drugsa:v:40:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s40264-017-0526-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allan Begosh & John Goldsmith & Ed Hass & Randall W. Lutter & Clark Nardinelli & John A. Vernon, 2006. "Black Box Warnings and Drug Safety: Examining the Determinants and Timing of FDA Warning Labels," NBER Working Papers 12803, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:doi:10.1086/368006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.