Black Box Warnings and Drug Safety: Examining the Determinants and Timing of FDA Warning Labels
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tomas J. Philipson & Ernst R. Berndt & Adrian H. B. Gottschalk & Matthew W. Strobeck, 2005. "Assessing the Safety and Efficacy of the FDA: The Case of the Prescription Drug User Fee Acts," NBER Working Papers 11724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berndt Ernst R. & Gottschalk Adrian H. B. & Philipson Tomas & Strobeck Matthew W., 2005.
"Assessing the Impacts of the Prescription Drug User Fee Acts (PDUFA) on the FDA Approval Process,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Adrian H. B. Gottschalk & Tomas Philipson, 2005. "Assessing the Impacts of the Prescription Drug User Fee Acts (PDUFA) on the FDA Approval Process," NBER Chapters, in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 8, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Adrian H. B. Gottschalk & Tomas Philipson & Matthew W. Strobeck, 2004. "Assessing the Impacts of the Prescription Drug User Fee Acts (PDUFA) on the FDA Approval Process," NBER Working Papers 10822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mary K. Olson, 2002. "Pharmaceutical Policy Change and the Safety of New Drugs," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(S2), pages 615-642.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tannista Banerjee & Arnab Nayak, 2017. "Why trash don’t pass? pharmaceutical licensing and safety performance of drugs," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(1), pages 59-71, January.
- Ali Shajarizadeh & Aidan Hollis, 2015. "Price‐cap Regulation, Uncertainty and the Price Evolution of New Pharmaceuticals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(8), pages 966-977, August.
- Olson, Mary K., 2008. "The risk we bear: The effects of review speed and industry user fees on new drug safety," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 175-200, March.
- Philipson, Tomas & Berndt, Ernst R. & Gottschalk, Adrian H.B. & Sun, Eric, 2008. "Cost-benefit analysis of the FDA: The case of the prescription drug user fee acts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1306-1325, June.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:12803. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.