Early-Career Work Experience and Gender Wage Differentials
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francine D. Blau & Andrea H. Beller, 1988. "Trends in Earnings Differentials by Gender, 1971â€“1981," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(4), pages 513-529, July.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Malkiel, Burton G & Malkiel, Judith A, 1973. "Male-Female Pay Differentials in Professional Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 693-705, September.
- Polachek, Solomon William, 1975. "Differences in Expected Post-school Investments as a Determinant of Market Wage Differentials," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(2), pages 451-470, June.
- Marianne A. Ferber & Helen M. Lowry, 1976. "The Sex Differential in Earnings: A Reappraisal," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 29(3), pages 377-387, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Christian Pfeifer & Tatjana Sohr, 2009. "Analysing the Gender Wage Gap (GWG) Using Personnel Records," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(2), pages 257-282, June.
- Heather Antecol & Kelly Bedard, 2004. "The Racial Wage Gap: The Importance of Labor Force Attachment Differences across Black, Mexican, and White Men," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Sanders Korenman & David Neumark, 1992. "Marriage, Motherhood, and Wages," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(2), pages 233-255.
- Dina Shatnawi & Ronald Oaxaca & Michael Ransom, 2014.
"Movin’ on up: Hierarchical occupational segmentation and gender wage gaps,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(3), pages 315-338, September.
- Shatnawi, Dina & Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 2012. "Movin' on Up: Hierarchical Occupational Segmentation and Gender Wage Gaps," IZA Discussion Papers 7001, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Antecol, Heather & Bedard, Kelly, 2002. "The Racial Wage Gap: The Importance of Labor Force Attachment Differences," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt7cb6q4m9, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Swaffield, Joanna, 2000. "Gender, motivation, experience and wages," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20188, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kimberly Bayard & Judith Hellerstein & David Neumark & Kenneth Troske, 2003.
"New Evidence on Sex Segregation and Sex Differences in Wages from Matched Employee-Employer Data,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(4), pages 887-922, October.
- Kenneth R Troske & Kimberly N Bayard & Judith Hellerstein & David Neumark, 1998. "New Evidence On Sex Segregation And Sex Differences In Wages From Matched Employee-Employer Data," Working Papers 98-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kimberly Bayard & Judith Hellerstein & David Neumark & Kenneth Troske, 1999. "New Evidence on Sex Segregation and Sex Differences in Wages from Matched Employee-Employer Data," NBER Working Papers 7003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudia Goldin, 1986. "The Earnings Gap Between Male and Female Workers: An Historical Perspective," NBER Working Papers 1888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Inés P. Murillo & Hipólito Simón, 2014. "La Gran Recesión y el diferencial salarial por género en España," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 39-76, March.
- George J. Borjas, 1981. "Job Mobility and Earnings over the Life Cycle," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 34(3), pages 365-376, April.
- Solomon W. Polachek & Jun Xiang, 2009.
"The Gender Pay Gap across Countries: A Human Capital Approach,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
227, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Solomon Polachek & Jun Xiang, 2015. "The Gender Pay Gap Across Countries: A Human Capital Approach," LIS Working papers 646, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Polachek, Solomon & Xiang, Jun, 2014. "The Gender Pay Gap Across Countries: A Human Capital Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 8603, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tim Leunig & Maria Stanfors, 2010. "Piece-rates and prosperity: evidence from the late nineteenth-century tobacco industry," Working Papers 10003, Economic History Society.
- Sylvie DÉMURGER & Martin FOURNIER & Yi CHEN, 2007.
"The Evolution Of Gender Earnings Gaps And Discrimination In Urban China, 1988–95,"
The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 45(1), pages 97-121, March.
- Sylvie Démurger & Martin Fournier & Yi Chen, 2007. "The Evolution of Gender Earnings Gaps and Discrimination in Urban China, 1988-95," Post-Print hal-00138124, HAL.
- Xin Meng, 1998. "Gender occupational segregation and its impact on the gender wage differential among rural-urban migrants: a Chinese case study," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 741-752.
- Jane Lapidus & Deborah Figart, 1998. "Remedying "Unfair Acts": U.S. Pay Equity by Race and Gender," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 7-28.
- Joanna Swaffield, 2000. "Gender, Motivation, Experience and Wages," CEP Discussion Papers dp0457, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nickell, Stephen & Redding, Stephen J. & Swaffield, Joanna K, 2001.
"Educational Attainment, Labour Market Institutions and the Structure of Production,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3068, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Nickell & Stephen Redding & Joanna Swaffield, 2002. "Educational Attainment, Labour Market Institutions, and the Structure of Production," CEP Discussion Papers dp0545, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nickell, Stephen J & Redding, Stephen & Swaffield, Joanna, 2002. "Educational attainment, labour market institutions, and the structure of production," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3706, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jevgenijs Steinbuks, 2012.
"Interfuel Substitution and Energy Use in the U.K. Manufacturing Sector,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Jevgenijs Steinbuks, 2010. "Interfuel Substitution and Energy Use in the UK Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers EPRG 1015, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Steinbuks, J., 2010. "Interfuel Substitution and Energy Use in the UK Manufacturing Sector," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1032, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tangka, F L & Emerson, R D & Jabbar, Mohammad A., 2002. "Food security effects of intensified dairying: Evidence from the Ethiopian highlands," Research Reports 182888, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Nam, Young-Sook, 1996. "Schooling and changes in earnings differentials by gender in South Korea, 1976-1991," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 245-258, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:13:y:1995:i:1:p:121-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.