Economics of Crime: An Investigation of the Deterrent Hypothesis for Urban Areas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Syed Shabib Haider & Ahmed Eatzaz, 2013. "Poverty, Inequality, Political Instability and Property Crimes in Pakistan: A Time Series Analysis," Asian Journal of Law and Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1-2), pages 1-28, December.
- Michael Makowsky, 2006.
"An Agent-Based Model of Mortality Shocks, Intergenerational Effects, and Urban Crime,"
Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 9(2), pages 1-7.
- Michael D. Makowsky, 2005. "An Agent-Based Model of Mortality Shocks, Intergenerational Effects, and Urban Crime," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 91, Society for Computational Economics.
- Cherry, Todd L. & List, John A., 2002. "Aggregation bias in the economic model of crime," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 81-86, March.
- Philip A. Curry & Anindya Sen & George Orlov, 2016.
"Crime, apprehension and clearance rates: Panel data evidence from Canadian provinces,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 49(2), pages 481-514, May.
- Philip A. Curry & Anindya Sen & George Orlov, 2016. "Crime, apprehension and clearance rates: Panel data evidence from Canadian provinces," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 49(2), pages 481-514, May.
- Bruce L. Benson, 2010. "The Allocation of Police," Chapters, in: Bruce L. Benson & Paul R. Zimmerman (ed.),Handbook on the Economics of Crime, chapter 8, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Jo Seldeslachts, 2013.
"The Deterrence Effects of US Merger Policy Instruments,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(5), pages 1114-1144, October.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Jo Seldeslachts, 2011. "The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-095/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2011. "The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments," CEPR Discussion Papers 8482, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wilhite, Allen & Allen, W. David, 2008. "Crime, protection, and incarceration," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 481-494, August.
- Lucia Dalla Pellegrina & Giorgio Di Maio & Donato Masciandaro & Marherita Saraceno, 2018. "Detecting the Fifty Shades of Grey: Local Crime, Suspicious Transaction Reporting and Anti-Money Laundering Regulation," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1893, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Eide, Erling & Rubin, Paul H. & Shepherd, Joanna M., 2006. "Economics of Crime," Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 205-279, December.
- Mastrobuoni, Giovanni, 2019.
"Police disruption and performance: Evidence from recurrent redeployments within a city,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 18-31.
- Mastrobuoni, Giovanni, 2015. "Police Disruption and Performance: Evidence from Recurrent Redeployments within a City," IZA Discussion Papers 8799, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Baomin Dong & Peter H Egger & Yibei Guo, 2020. "Is poverty the mother of crime? Evidence from homicide rates in China," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(5), pages 1-22, May.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2006. "Crecimiento, Desigualdad Y Pobreza: Un Análisis De La Violencia En Colombia," Serie de Documentos en Economía y Violencia 002233, Centro de Investigaciones en Violencia, Instituciones y Desarrollo Económico (VIDE).
- Josten, Stefan Dietrich, 2003. "Inequality, Crime and Economic Growth: A Classical Argument for Distributional Equality," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(4), pages 435-452, August.
- Hope Corman & H. Naci Mocan, 1996. "A Time-Series Analysis of Crime and Drug Use in New York City," NBER Working Papers 5463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrienko Yury, 2002. "What Determines Crime in Russian Regions?," EERC Working Paper Series 99-252e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Worrall, John L., 2004. "The effect of three-strikes legislation on serious crime in California," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 283-296.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:60:y:1978:i:3:p:459-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ann Olson). General contact details of provider: https://www.mitpressjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.