Aggregation bias in the economic model of crime
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth L. Avio & C. Scott Clark, 1978. "The Supply of Property Offences in Ontario: Evidence on the Deterrent Effect of Punishment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Mathur, Vijay K, 1978. "Economics of Crime: An Investigation of the Deterrent Hypothesis for Urban Areas," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 459-466, August.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Trumbull, William N, 1994. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime with Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 360-366, May.
- Sjoquist, David Lawrence, 1973. "Property Crime and Economic Behavior: Some Empirical Results," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 439-446, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zuzana Janko & Gurleen Popli, 2015.
"Examining the link between crime and unemployment: a time-series analysis for Canada,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(37), pages 4007-4019, August.
- Zuzana Janko & Gurleen Popli, 2013. "Examining the Link between Crime and Unemployment: A Time Series Analysis for Canada," Working Papers 2013001, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Montolio, Daniel & Planells-Struse, Simón, 2016.
"How time shapes crime: The temporal impacts of football matches on crime,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 99-113.
- Daniel Montolio & Simón Planells-Struse, 2015. "How time shapes crime: the temporal impacts of football matches on crime," Working Papers 2015/10, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- McIntyre, Stuart G. & Lacombe, Donald J., 2012.
"Personal Indebtedness, Spatial Effects and Crime,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2012-83, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- McIntyre, Stuart G. & Lacombe, Donald J., 2013. "Personal Indebtedness, Spatial Effects and Crime," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-03, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Stuart McIntyre & Donald Lacombe, 2012. "Personal Indebtedness, Spatial Effects and Crime," Working Papers 1209, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Buonanno, Paolo & Leonida, Leone, 2009. "Non-market effects of education on crime: Evidence from Italian regions," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 11-17, February.
- Simon Planells Struse & Daniel Montolio, 2014. "The effect of football matches on crime patterns in Barcelona," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1606, European Regional Science Association.
- IWAMOTO Koichiro, 2011. "Food Consumption Expenditure and Habit Formation: Evidence from Japanese Household Panel Data," ESRI Discussion paper series 264, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- M. Caridad Araujo & Pedro Carneiro & Yyannú Cruz-Aguayo & Norbert Schady, 2016.
"Teacher Quality and Learning Outcomes in Kindergarten,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 1415-1453.
- Caridad Araujo, Maria & Carneiro, Pedro & Cruz-Aguayo, Yyannú & Schady, Norbert, 2016. "Teacher Quality and Learning Outcomes in Kindergarten," IZA Discussion Papers 9796, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel Montolio, 2016. "The Unintended Consequences on Crime of "Pennies from Heaven"," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7431, Inter-American Development Bank.
- M. Caridad Araujo & Pedro Carneiro & Yyannú Cruz-Aguayo & Norbert Schady, 2016. "Teacher Quality and Learning Outcomes in Kindergarten," CeMMAP working papers CWP09/16, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Cerro, Ana María & Rodríguez Andrés, Antonio, 2011. "Typologies of Crime in the Argentine Provinces. A Panel Study 2000-2008," MPRA Paper 44460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neil Rickman & Robert Witt, 2007.
"The Determinants of Employee Crime in the UK,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 161-175, February.
- Neil Rickman & Robert Witt, 2003. "The determinants of employee crime in the UK," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0703, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Rickman, Neil & Witt, Robert, 2003. "The Determinants of Employee Crime in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 3891, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Piraee Khosrow & Barzegar Maryam, 2011. "The Relationship between the Misery Index and Crimes: Evidence from Iran," Asian Journal of Law and Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Daniel Montolio & Simón Planells-Struse, 2015. "Measuring the negative externalities of a private leisure activity: hooligans and pickpockets around the stadium," Working Papers 2015/15, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- George Saridakis, 2004.
"Violent Crime in the United States of America: A Time-Series Analysis Between 1960–2000,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 203-221, September.
- George Saridakis, 2003. "Violent Crime in the United States of America: A Time-Series Analysis Between 1960-2000," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/14, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Kinne, Jan & Resch, Bernd, 2017. "Analysing and predicting micro-location patterns of software firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-063, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Maria Cracolici & Teodora Uberti, 2009.
"Geographical distribution of crime in Italian provinces: a spatial econometric analysis,"
Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 29(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Teodora Erika Uberti & Maria Francesca Cracolici, 2008. "Geographical Distribution of Crime in Italian Provinces: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," Working Papers 2008.11, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Daniel Montolio & Simón Planells, 2013. "Does tourism boost criminal activity? Evidence from a top touristic country," Working Papers 2013/4, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- McIntyre, Stuart G. & Lacombe, Donald J., 2012. "Personal indebtedness, spatial effects and crime," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 455-459.
- Buonanno, Paolo & Montolio, Daniel, 2008. "Identifying the socio-economic and demographic determinants of crime across Spanish provinces," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 89-97, June.
- Entorf, Horst, 2007. "Evaluation des Maßregelvollzugs: Grundzüge einer Kosten-Nutzen-Analyse," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 183, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Mojtaba Ghasemi, 2017. "Crime and punishment: evidence from dynamic panel data model for North Carolina (2003–2012)," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 723-730, March.
- Garrett, Thomas A., 2003. "Aggregated versus disaggregated data in regression analysis: implications for inference," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 61-65, October.
- Jose Miguel Benavente & Javier Turen, 2012. "Identifying the determinants of crime occurrence and the deterring impact of police: Evidence across Chilean households," Working Papers wp348, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Paolo Buonanno & Daniel Montolio Estivill, 2005. "Identifying the Socioeconomic Determinants of Crime in Spanish Provinces," Working Papers in Economics 138, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong & Jeffrey Racine, 2006. "Alcohol availability and crime: a robust approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 1293-1307.
- Thomas A. Garrett, 2002. "Aggregated vs. disaggregated data in regression analysis: implications for inference," Working Papers 2002-024, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:75:y:2002:i:1:p:81-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .