A Generalized Goals-achievement Model in Data Envelopment Analysis: an Application to Efficiency Improvement in Local Government Finance in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Suzuki, S. & Nijkamp, P., 2008. "A generalized goals-achievement model in data envelopment analysis : an application to efficiency improvement in local government finance in Japan," Serie Research Memoranda 0014, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pekka Korhonen & Sari Stenfors & Mikko Syrjänen, 2003. "Multiple Objective Approach as an Alternative to Radial Projection in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 305-321, November.
- Tarja Joro & Pekka Korhonen & Jyrki Wallenius, 1998. "Structural Comparison of Data Envelopment Analysis and Multiple Objective Linear Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(7), pages 962-970, July.
- Pekka Korhonen & Margareta Soismaa & Aapo Siljamäki, 2002. "On the Use of Value Efficiency Analysis and Some Further Developments," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 49-64, January.
- Doyle, J & Green, R, 1993. "Data envelopment analysis and multiple criteria decision making," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 713-715, November.
- Lidia Angulo-Meza & Marcos Lins, 2002. "Review of Methods for Increasing Discrimination in Data Envelopment Analysis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 225-242, October.
- Merja Halme & Tarja Joro & Pekka Korhonen & Seppo Salo & Jyrki Wallenius, 1999. "A Value Efficiency Approach to Incorporating Preference Information in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(1), pages 103-115, January.
- Paul Windrum & Per Koch (ed.), 2008. "Innovation in Public Sector Services," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 4030.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Dyson, R. G., 1992. "Estimating preferred target input-output levels using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 80-97, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:102-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bönisch, Peter & Haug, Peter & Illy, Annette & Schreier, Lukas, 2011. "Municipality Size and Efficiency of Local Public Services: Does Size Matter?," IWH Discussion Papers 18/2011, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Cordero, José Manuel & Pedraja-Chaparro, Francisco & Pisaflores, Elsa C. & Polo, Cristina, 2016. "Efficiency assessment of Portuguese municipalities using a conditional nonparametric approach," MPRA Paper 70674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:48:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0500-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Karima Kourtit & Daniel Arribas-Bel & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "High Performance in Complex Spatial Systems: A Self-Organizing Mapping Approach with Reference to The Netherlands," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-194/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:rnp:ecopol:ep1757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016. "Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part I," Working Papers 2016/20, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Laura Carosi & Giovanna Dâ€™Inverno & Letizia Ravagli, 2014. "Global public spending efficiency in Tuscan municipalities," Discussion Papers 2014/175, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Karima Kourtit & Daniel Arribas-Bel & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "High performers in complex spatial systems: a self-organizing mapping approach with reference to The Netherlands," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(2), pages 501-527, April.
More about this item
KeywordsDistance friction minimization; goals achievement; data envelopment analysis (DEA); efficiency-improving projection; local government finance; H79; R50;
- H79 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other
- R50 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:specan:v:4:y:2009:i:3:p:249-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RSEA20 .