Intra-capitalist Conflicts, Monetary Policy and Income Distribution
This paper investigates Marx's monetary analysis of the role of the interest rate in the distribution of surplus-value. It is argued that Marx allowed the interest rate to directly influence the distribution of surplus-value between enterprise profit and interest. Moreover, he thought the interest rate to be subject to the conflict between industrial and money capitalists. Recent developments in Sraffian and neo-Marxian literature provide the foundations for a Marxian analytical framework that allows intra-capitalist conflict, monetary policy and the interest rate to affect the intra-capitalist and the inter-class income distribution.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CRPE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Randall Henning, 1994. "Currencies and Politics in the United States, Germany, and Japan," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 15, November.
- Kurzer, Paulette, 1988. "The Politics of Central Banks: Austerity and Unemployment in Europe," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 21-48, January.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1979.
"Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: II,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 63-82, March.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1978. "Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: I," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 335-353, December.
- Panico, Carlo, 1980. "Marx's Analysis of the Relationship between the Rate of Interest and the Rate of Profits," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 363-378, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)