Intra-capitalist Conflicts, Monetary Policy and Income Distribution
This paper investigates Marx's monetary analysis of the role of the interest rate in the distribution of surplus-value. It is argued that Marx allowed the interest rate to directly influence the distribution of surplus-value between enterprise profit and interest. Moreover, he thought the interest rate to be subject to the conflict between industrial and money capitalists. Recent developments in Sraffian and neo-Marxian literature provide the foundations for a Marxian analytical framework that allows intra-capitalist conflict, monetary policy and the interest rate to affect the intra-capitalist and the inter-class income distribution.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CRPE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1979.
"Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: II,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 63-82, March.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1978. "Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: I," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 335-353, December.
- C. Randall Henning, 1994. "Currencies and Politics in the United States, Germany, and Japan," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 15, 03.
- Kurzer, Paulette, 1988. "The Politics of Central Banks: Austerity and Unemployment in Europe," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 21-48, January.
- Panico, Carlo, 1980. "Marx's Analysis of the Relationship between the Rate of Interest and the Rate of Profits," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 363-378, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:revpoe:v:13:y:2001:i:4:p:453-470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.