Demande effective, monnaie et prix de production : une extension circuitiste de la Théorie générale
Within the context of circuit theory, we show that the works of Keynes, expanded by those of Sraffa, are still relevant and form the foundations of the post-classical paradigm in construction, that puts together the contributions of neo-Ricardian and post-Keynesian analysis. Sraffa brings his production prices theory and stresses on social conflicts. Keynes provides, through his effective demand theory, the way of determining quantities that lacks to Sraffa and facilitate money integration. The final model brings to the fore that monetary interest rate is a key variable of the system. It allows to determinate wage rate, produced quantities, employment level, expected rate of profit and therefore prices. The wage rate is negociated before knowing the level of employment. It is a cost of production expressing the state of class struggle. The model also shows that disequilibrium is the result of wrong expectations about investment. (Full text in French)
|Date of creation:||Oct 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1979.
"Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: II,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 63-82, March.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1978. "Notes on Consumption, Investment and Effective Demand: I," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 335-53, December.
- Marc Lavoie, 1995.
"Interest Rates In Post-Keynesian Models Of Growth And Distribution,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 146-177, 06.
- Lavoie, M., 1993. "Interest Rates in Post-Keynesian Models of Growth and Distribution," Working Papers 9314e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Eichner, Alfred S & Kregel, J A, 1975. "An Essay on Post-Keynesian Theory: A New Paradigm in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 1293-1314, December.
- Dostaler, Gilles, 1982. "Marx et Sraffa," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 58(1), pages 95-114, janvier-j.
- Lavoie, Marc, 1992. "Éléments d’analyse d’une synthèse post-classique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(4), pages 607-631, décembre.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mon:ceddtr:42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.