An examination of regional interaction and super-regions in Britain: An error correction model approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Carlsen, Fredrik, 2000. "Testing Equilibrium Models of Regional Disparities," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John, 1998.
"The Housing Market and Regional Commuting and Migration Choices,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 45(4), pages 420-446, September.
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John, 1998. "The Housing Market and Regional Commuting and Migration Choices," CEPR Discussion Papers 1945, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Florax, Raymond & Folmer, Henk, 1992. "Specification and estimation of spatial linear regression models : Monte Carlo evaluation of pre-test estimators," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 405-432, September.
- James P. Lesage & J. David Reed, 1989. "Interregional Wage Transmission in an Urban Hierarchy: Tests Using Vector Autoregressive Models," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 12(3), pages 305-318, December.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Hamaguchi, Nobuaki, 2001. "Intermediate goods and the spatial structure of an economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 79-109, February.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- McCormick, Barry & Sheppard, Stephen, 1992. "A Model of Regional Contraction and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 366-377, March.
- J.S.L. McCombie, 1988. "A Synoptic View of Regional Growth and Unemployment: I - The Neoclassical Theory," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 25(4), pages 267-281, August.
- Hall, Stephen G & Milne, Alistair, 1994. "The Relevance of P-Star Analysis to UK Monetary Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 597-604, May.
- Jim Taylor & Colin Wren, 1997. "UK Regional Policy: An Evaluation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 835-848.
- Ashworth, John & Parker, Simon C, 1997. "Modelling Regional House Prices in the UK," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 44(3), pages 225-246, August.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut, 1982. "Non-causality due to omitted variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 367-378, August.
- Anselin, Luc & Getis, Arthur, 1992. "Spatial Statistical Analysis and Geographic Information Systems," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(1), pages 19-33, April.
- Glendon, Spencer P. & Vigdor, Jacob L., 2003. "Thy neighbor's jobs: geography and labor market dynamics," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 663-693, October.
- A G Hoare, 1993. "Domestic regions, overseas nations, and their interactions through trade: the case of the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(5), pages 701-722, May.
- A S Fotheringham & D W S Wong, 1991. "The Modifiable Areal Unit Problem in Multivariate Statistical Analysis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 23(7), pages 1025-1044, July.
- Allsopp, Christopher & Davies, Gareth & Vines, David, 1995. "Regional Macroeconomic Policy, Fiscal Federalism, and European Integration," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 126-144, Summer.
- Alderman, Harold, 1993.
"Intercommodity Price Transmittal: Analysis of Food Markets in Ghana,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(1), pages 43-64, February.
- Alderman, Harold, 1992. "Intercommodity price transmittal : analysis offood markets in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 884, The World Bank.
- Kim B. Clark & Lawrence H. Summers, 1982. "Labour Force Participation: Timing and Persistence," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(5), pages 825-844.
- Muhammed Islam, 1998. "Export expansion and economic growth: testing for cointegration and causality," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 415-425.
- David W. Hughes & David W. Holland, 1994. "Core-Periphery Economic Linkage: A Measure of Spread and Possible Backwash Effects for the Washington Economy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(3), pages 364-377.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- A S Fotheringham & D W S Wong, 1991. "The modifiable areal unit problem in multivariate statistical analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(7), pages 1025-1044, July.
- A G Hoare, 1993. "Domestic Regions, Overseas Nations, and Their Interactions through Trade: The Case of the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 25(5), pages 701-722, May.
- I Masser & P J B Brown, 1975. "Hierarchical aggregation procedures for interaction data," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 7(5), pages 509-523, May.
- David Gray, 2004. "Persistent Regional Unemployment Differentials Revisited," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 167-176.
- Evans, Philip & McCormick, Barry, 1994. "The New Pattern of Regional Unemployment: Causes and Policy Significance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 633-647, May.
- R J Bennett & R P Haining & A G Wilson, 1985. "Spatial Structure, Spatial Interaction, and Their Integration: A Review of Alternative Models," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 17(5), pages 625-645, May.
- Taylor, Jim & Bradley, Steve, 1997. "Unemployment in Europe: A Comparative Analysis of Regional Disparities in Germany, Italy and the UK," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 221-245.
- MacKay, D I & Hart, R A, 1974. "Wage Inflation and the Phillips Relationship," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 42(2), pages 136-161, June.
- Allen J. Scott, 2001. "Globalization and the Rise of City-regions," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 813-826, October.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexiadis, Stilianos & Eleftheriou, Konstantinos, 2010. "The Morphology of Income Convergence in US States: New Evidence using an Error-Correction-Model," MPRA Paper 20096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Harris & John Moffat & Victoria Kravtsova, 2011.
"In Search of ‘ W ’,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 249-270, February.
- Harris, Richard & Kravtsova, Victoria, 2009. "In search of 'W'," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33208, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Harris & Victoria Kravtsova, 2009. "In Search of W," SERC Discussion Papers 0017, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Stilianos Alexiadis & Konstantinos Eleftheriou & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Do Income Disparities dissipate across the US States? Experimenting with a Vector Error Correction Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-165/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional policy; Regional unemployment rates; Granger-causality; Error correction models; Overspill; Super-regions; European economic policy areas; Politique regionale; Taux de chomage regionaux; Causalite du type Granger; Modeles de correction pour l'erreur Retombees; Super-regions; Zones de politique economique europennes; Regionalpolitik; regionale Erwerbslosenraten; Grangersche Kausalitat; Modelle zur Irrtumsberichtigung; Bevolkerungsuberschuss; Supraregionen Gebiete der europaischen Wirtschaftspolitik; Politica regional; Tasas regionales de desempleo; Causalidad de Granger; Modelos de correccion de errores; Desbordamiento; Super regiones; Areas de politica economica europeas; JEL classifications: H77; R12; R15; R58;
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:39:y:2005:i:5:p:619-632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.