What happened to the East German housing market? A historical perspective on the role of public funding
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michelsen, Claus & Weiß, Dominik, 2009. "What Happened to the East German Housing Market? – A Historical Perspective on the Role of Public Funding –," IWH Discussion Papers 20/2009, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2005.
"Urban Decline and Durable Housing,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 345-375, April.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, "undated". "Urban Decline and Durable Housing," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 382, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2001. "Urban Decline and Durable Housing," NBER Working Papers 8598, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2001. "Urban Decline and Durable Housing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1931, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:zbw:iwhwiw:4-07-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- DiPasquale, Denise, 1999. "Why Don't We Know More about Housing Supply?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 9-23, January.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Erzo F. P. Luttmer, 2003. "The Misallocation of Housing Under Rent Control," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1027-1046, September.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 2005.
"Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 376-424, April.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 1998. "Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 6826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boss, Alfred & Rosenschon, Astrid, 2008. "Der Kieler Subventionsbericht: eine Aktualisierung," Kiel Discussion Papers 452/453, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- William C. Wheaton, 1999. "Real Estate "Cycles": Some Fundamentals," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 209-230.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Wei Wang, 2007. "An Examination of the Chinese Housing Market through the Lens of the DiPasquale- Wheaton Model: a Graphical Attempt," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 131-165.
- de Leeuw, Frank & Ekanem, Nkanta F, 1971. "The Supply of Rental Housing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 806-817, December.
- Denise DiPasquale & William C. Wheaton, 1992. "The Markets for Real Estate Assets and Space: A Conceptual Framework," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 181-198.
- Blum, Ulrich, 2007. "Honeckers langer Schatten oder die aktuelle Wirtschaftsschwäche Ostdeutschlands," Wirtschaft im Wandel, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH), vol. 13(4), pages 109-116.
- Robert P. Albon & David C. Stafford, 1990. "Rent Control and Housing Maintenance," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 27(2), pages 233-240, April.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-267, May.
- Donges, Juergen B. & Engels, Wolfram & Hamm, Walter & Möschel, Wernhard & Sievert, Olaf, 1990. "Wirtschaftspolitik für das geeinte Deutschland," Kronberger Kreis-Studien 22, Stiftung Marktwirtschaft / The Market Economy Foundation, Berlin.
- Knight, John R. & Sirmans, C. F., 1996. "Depreciation, Maintenance, and Housing Prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 369-389, December.
- Hoyt, William H. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1997. "Household Location and Tiebout: Do Families Sort According to Preferences for Locational Amenities?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 159-178, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph DeSalvo, 2017. "Teaching the DiPasquale-Wheaton Model," Working Papers 0117, University of South Florida, Department of Economics.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Claus Michelsen & Dirk Ulbricht, 2014. "Speculative Price Bubbles in Urban Housing Markets in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1417, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marius Claudy and Claus Michelsen, 2016. "Housing Market Fundamentals, Housing Quality and Energy Consumption: Evidence from Germany," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Dominik WeiÃŸ & Claus Michelsen, 2011. "The improvement of housing conditions in post com-munist Germany â€“ Market Mechanisms and Subsidy Impacts," ERSA conference papers ersa11p505, European Regional Science Association.
- Konstantin Kholodilin, 2015. "Speculative Bubbles in Urban Housing Markets in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa15p67, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:pocoec:v:22:y:2010:i:3:p:387-409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CPCE20 .