Finance Constraints and Firm Transition in the Informal Sector: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014.
"Do Firms Want to Borrow More? Testing Credit Constraints Using a Directed Lending Program,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 81(2), pages 572-607.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Duflo, Esther, 2004. "Do Firms Want to Borrow More? Testing Credit Constraints Using a Directed Lending Program," CEPR Discussion Papers 4681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Breman, Jan, 2010. "Outcast Labour in Asia: Circulation and Informalization of the Workforce at the Bottom of the Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198066323.
- Kuntchev, Veselin & Ramalho, Rita & Rodriguez-Meza, Jorge & Yang, Judy S., 2013. "What have we learned from the enterprise surveys regarding access to credit by SMEs ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6670, The World Bank.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, September.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, September.
- Beck, T.H.L., 2007. "Financing constraints of SMEs in developing countries : Evidence, determinants and solutions," Other publications TiSEM 85aac075-08b5-44ce-bf1a-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Myint Moe Chit, 2018. "Political openness and the growth of small and medium enterprises: empirical evidence from transition economies," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 781-804, September.
- Rayees Ahmad Sheikh & Sarthak Gaurav, 2020. "Informal Work in India: A Tale of Two Definitions," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(4), pages 1105-1127, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Musson, Anne & Rousselière, Damien, 2020.
"Identifying the impact of crisis on cooperative capital constraint. A short note on French craftsmen cooperatives,"
Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(C).
- Anne Musson & Damien Rousselière, 2020. "Identifying the impact of crisis on cooperative capital constraint. A short note on French craftsmen cooperatives," Post-Print hal-02290727, HAL.
- Holod, Dmytro & Torna, Gökhan, 2018. "Do community banks contribute to international trade? Evidence from U.S. Data," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 185-204.
- Getachew, Yoseph Y. & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2015.
"Productive government spending and its consequences for the growth–inequality tradeoff,"
Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 621-640.
- Yoseph Getachew & Stephen Turnovsky, 2015. "Productive Government Spending and its Consequences for the Growth–Inequality Tradeoff," Working Papers 201520, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Hosny Amr, 2017.
"Political Stability, Firm Characteristics and Performance: Evidence from 6,083 Private Firms in the Middle East,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Amr Hosny, 2017. "Political Stability, Firm Characteristics and Performance: Evidence From 6,083 Private Firms in the Middle East," Working Papers 1137, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 2003.
- Subash Sasidharan & S. N. Rajesh Raj, 2014. "The Growth Barriers of Informal Sector Enterprises: Evidence from India," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 52(4), pages 351-375, December.
- Leopoldo Gómez Ramírez, 2019. "Credit Constraints and Investment in Mexico, an Empirical Test," Remef - Revista Mexicana de Economía y Finanzas Nueva Época REMEF (The Mexican Journal of Economics and Finance), Instituto Mexicano de Ejecutivos de Finanzas, IMEF, vol. 14(3), pages 415-432, Julio - S.
- Barboni, Giorgia, 2017. "Repayment flexibility in microfinance contracts: Theory and experimental evidence on take up and selection," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 425-450.
- World Bank, 2011. "Turkey - Improving Conditions for SME Growth Finance and Innovation," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12211, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2010. "Scaling-Up SME Access to Financial Services," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12515, The World Bank.
- Daniel Domeher, 2012. "Land rights and SME credit: evidence from Ghana," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 129-143, June.
- Miguel A. León-Ledesma & Dimitris Christopoulos, 2016. "Misallocation, Access to Finance, and Public Credit: Firm-Level Evidence," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 33(2), pages 119-143, September.
- William Mullins & Patricio Toro, 2018. "Credit Guarantees and New Bank Relationships," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 820, Central Bank of Chile.
- Campbell, Randall C. & Nagel, Gregory L., 2016. "Private information and limitations of Heckman's estimator in banking and corporate finance research," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 186-195.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Martinelli, Arianna & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2016.
"Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU Inventors,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 192-205.
- Giuliani , Elisa & Martinelli , Arianna & Rabellotti , Roberta, 2014. "Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU inventors," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/25, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Elisa Giuliani & Arianna Martinelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2015. "Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU inventors," LEM Papers Series 2015/10, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Şahan, Duygu & Tuna, Okan, 2018. "Environmental innovation of transportation sector in OECD countries," Chapters from the Proceedings of the Hamburg International Conference of Logistics (HICL), in: Kersten, Wolfgang & Blecker, Thorsten & Ringle, Christian M. (ed.), The Road to a Digitalized Supply Chain Management: Smart and Digital Solutions for Supply Chain Management. Proceedings of the Hamburg International C, volume 25, pages 157-170, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute of Business Logistics and General Management.
- Ruomeng Cui & Dennis J. Zhang & Achal Bassamboo, 2019. "Learning from Inventory Availability Information: Evidence from Field Experiments on Amazon," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(3), pages 1216-1235, March.
- Iván Fernández-Val & Martin Weidner, 2018.
"Fixed Effects Estimation of Large-TPanel Data Models,"
Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 10(1), pages 109-138, August.
- Iv'an Fern'andez-Val & Martin Weidner, 2017. "Fixed Effect Estimation of Large T Panel Data Models," Papers 1709.08980, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2018.
- Ivan Fernandez-Val & Martin Weidner, 2018. "Fixed effect estimation of large T panel data models," CeMMAP working papers CWP22/18, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ivan Fernandez-Val & Martin Weidner, 2017. "Fixed effect estimation of large T panel data models," CeMMAP working papers CWP42/17, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Peter Harasztosi & Attila Lindner, 2019. "Who Pays for the Minimum Wage?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 109(8), pages 2693-2727, August.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Heeho & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Taeyoung & Lee, Daegoon, 2014. "Effects of changes in forestland ownership on deforestation and urbanization and the resulting effects on greenhouse gas emissions," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 93-109.
- Kazuki Onji & John P. Tang, 2015.
"A nation without a corporate income tax: Evidence from nineteenth century Japan,"
Discussion Papers in Economics and Business
15-12, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Kazuki Onji & John P. Tang, 2015. "A nation without a corporate income tax: Evidence from nineteenth century Japan," CEH Discussion Papers 040, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:oxdevs:v:43:y:2015:i:1:p:123-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CODS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.