Political influences on the costs of banking crises in emerging market economies: testing the U-shaped veto player hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rafael Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2006.
"What Works in Securities Laws?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 1-32, February.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "What Works in Securities Laws?," Working Paper 19491, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2006. "What Works in Securities Laws?," Scholarly Articles 27867135, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 2003. "What Works in Securities Law?," NBER Working Papers 9882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung & Wayne Yu, 1999.
"The Information Content of Stock Markets: Why Do Emerging Markets Have Synchronous Stock Price Movements?,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1879, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung & Wayne Wu, 1999. "The Information Content of Stock Markets: Why do Emerging Markets have Synchronous Stock Price Movements?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 44, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Augusto de la Torre & Sergio Schmukler, 2005. "Whither Latin American Capital Markets?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10336, The World Bank.
- Lesmond, David A., 2005. "Liquidity of emerging markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 411-452, August.
- Catriona Purfield & Hiroko Oura & Charles Kramer & Andreas Jobst, 2008.
"Asian equity markets: growth, opportunities, and challenges,"
Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 227-248.
- Charles Frederick Kramer & Catriona Purfield & Hiroko Oura & Andreas Jobst, 2006. "Asian Equity Markets; Growth, Opportunities, and Challenges," IMF Working Papers 06/266, International Monetary Fund.
- Schwert, G. William, 2003. "Anomalies and market efficiency," Handbook of the Economics of Finance,in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 939-974 Elsevier.
- Karl W. Steininger, 2002. "Transport, Access and Economic Growth," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 3(2), pages 75-91, April.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008.
"The law and economics of self-dealing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 430-465, June.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "The Law and Economics of Self-Dealing," NBER Working Papers 11883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008. "The Law and Economics of Self-dealing," Scholarly Articles 2907526, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Arturo Bris & William Goetzmann & Ning Zhu, 2004. "Short-Sales in Global Perspective," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm453, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Lesmond, David A & Ogden, Joseph P & Trzcinka, Charles A, 1999. "A New Estimate of Transaction Costs," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1113-1141.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Hess, David & Impavido, Gregorio, 2003. "Governance of public pension funds : lessons from corporate governance and international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3110, The World Bank.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:43:y:2018:i:c:p:54-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2014:i:4:p:19105953 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philip Wilms & Job Swank & Jakob de Haan, 2014. "Determinants of the real impact of banking crises: A review and new evidence," DNB Working Papers 437, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Ha, Eunyoung & Kang, Myung-koo, 2015. "Government Policy Responses to Financial Crises: Identifying Patterns and Policy Origins in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 264-281.
- James R. Barth & Apanard Penny Prabha & Wenling Lu, 2014. "Do Interest Groups Unduly Influence Bank Regulation?," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(4), pages 19-25, 01.
More about this item
Keywordsveto player; output cost; banking crises;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:macfem:v:1:y:2008:i:2:p:279-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REME20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .