A Theorem on the Gains from International Factor Mobility
This paper proves that for the case of a small country, which cannot influence world factor prices, an expansion in the scope of international factor mobility can never reduce its real national income. [F11, F20]
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 14 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RIEJ20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald Findlay, 1995. "Factor Proportions, Trade, and Growth," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061759.
- Kuhn, Peter & Wooton, Ian, 1987. "International factor movements in the presence of a fixed factor," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 123-140, February.
- Grossman, Gene M., 1984. "The gains from international factor movements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 73-83, August.
- Dei, Fumio, 1979. "Dynamic gains from international capital movements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 417-421, August.
- Ruffin, Roy J., 1984. "International factor movements," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 237-288 Elsevier.
- Khang, Chulsoon, 1990. "Dynamic gains from international factor mobility: A reexamination of the theorem," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 399-413.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Easton, Stephen T., 1989. "Perspectives on buy-outs and the Ramaswami effect," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3-4), pages 363-371, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:14:y:2000:i:1:p:61-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.