A Theorem on the Gains from International Factor Mobility
This paper proves that for the case of a small country, which cannot influence world factor prices, an expansion in the scope of international factor mobility can never reduce its real national income. [F11, F20]
Volume (Year): 14 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RIEJ20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, Gene M., 1984. "The gains from international factor movements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 73-83, August.
- Ruffin, Roy J., 1984. "International factor movements," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 237-288 Elsevier.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Easton, Stephen T., 1989. "Perspectives on buy-outs and the Ramaswami effect," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3-4), pages 363-371, November.
- Dei, Fumio, 1979. "Dynamic gains from international capital movements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 417-421, August.
- Ronald Findlay, 1995. "Factor Proportions, Trade, and Growth," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061759, December.
- Kuhn, Peter & Wooton, Ian, 1987. "International factor movements in the presence of a fixed factor," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 123-140, February.
- Khang, Chulsoon, 1990. "Dynamic gains from international factor mobility: A reexamination of the theorem," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 399-413.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:14:y:2000:i:1:p:61-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.