Political Decisions, Defense And Growth
Considering the importance of military expenditures on political and economical success of a government, this empirical study analyzes the relations between political stability, economic growth and military expenditures. Based on the theoretical model developed by Blomberg (1996), the vector autoregression analyzes results for a democratic country and indicates the significance of military expenditures on political stability and private sector investment decisions.
Volume (Year): 19 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/GDPE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/GDPE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fosu, A. K., 2001. "Political instability and economic growth in developing economies: some specification empirics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 289-294, February.
- Fabrizio Carmignani, 2003. "Political Instability, Uncertainty and Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 1-54, February.
- Funda Erdoğan TELATAR, 2003. "Türkiye''de Politika Değişkenliği İle Ekonomik Büyüme Arasındaki Nedensellik İlişkileri 1986-2001," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 18(211), pages 71-91.
- J Paul Dunne & Sam Perlo-Freeman & Aylin Soydan, 2003.
"Military Expenditure and Debt in Small Industrialised Economies: A Panel Analysis,"
0306, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- J. Paul Dunne † & Sam Perlo-Freeman ‡ & Aylin Soydan �, 2004. "Military expenditure and debt in small industrialised economies: A panel analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 125-132, April.
- Erdal Karagol & Serap Palaz, 2004. "Does defence expenditure deter economic growth in Turkey? A cointegration analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 289-298.
- Selami Sezgin, 2004. "An empirical note on external debt and defence expenditures in Turkey," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 199-203, April.
- Seiglie, Carlos, 1998. "Defence Spending in a Neo-Ricardian World," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(258), pages 193-210, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:defpea:v:19:y:2008:i:1:p:27-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.