Conflict, Defense Spending and Economic Growth in the Middle East: A Panel Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yousif Khalifa Al-Yousif, 2002. "Defense Spending and Economic Growth: Some Empirical Evidence from the Arab Gulf Region," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 187-197.
- Pedroni, Peter, 2004.
"Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic And Finite Sample Properties Of Pooled Time Series Tests With An Application To The Ppp Hypothesis,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 597-625, June.
- Peter Pedroni, 2004. "Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic and Finite Sample Properties of Pooled Time Series Tests with an Application to the PPP Hypothesis," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-15, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Baeck, E.G. & Brock, W.A., 1992. "A Nonparametric Test for Independence of a Multivariate Time Series," Working papers 9204, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Chen, Pei-Fen & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chiu, Yi-Bin, 2014. "The nexus between defense expenditure and economic growth: New global evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 474-483.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- J. Paul Dunne a,† & Sam Perlo-Freeman ‡ & Aylin Soydan §, 2004. "Military expenditure and debt in South America," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 173-187, April.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Julide Yildirim & Selami Sezgin & Nadir Ocal, 2005. "Military Expenditure And Economic Growth In Middle Eastern Countries: A Dynamic Panel Data Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 283-295.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Selami Sezgin, 2004. "An empirical note on external debt and defence expenditures in Turkey," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 199-203, April.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Muhammad shahbaz Shabbir & Muhammad sabihuddin Butt, 2016.
"Does Military Spending Explode External Debt in Pakistan?,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(5), pages 718-741, September.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shabbir, Shahbaz Muhammad & Butt, Muhammad Sabihuddin, 2011. "Does Military Spending Explode External Debt in Pakistan?," MPRA Paper 30429, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Apr 2011.
- Froot, Kenneth A., 1989. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation with Cross-Sectional Dependence and Heteroskedasticity in Financial Data," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 333-355, September.
- Mete Feridun & Bansi Sawhney & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2011.
"The Impact of Military Spending on Economic Growth: The Case of North Cyprus,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 555-562, January.
- Feridun, Mete & Sawhney, Bansi & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2011. "The impact of military spending on economic growth: the case of North Cyprus," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7927, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Swamy, P A V B & Arora, S S, 1972. "The Exact Finite Sample Properties of the Estimators of Coefficients in the Error Components Regression Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(2), pages 261-275, March.
- Arellano, M, 1987. "Computing Robust Standard Errors for Within-Groups Estimators," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(4), pages 431-434, November.
- Christos Kollias & Charis Naxakisb & Leonidas Zarangasb, 2004. "Defence Spending and Growth in Cyprus: A Causal Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 299-307.
- Stella Karagianni & Maria Pempetzoglu, 2009. "Defense Spending And Economic Growth In Turkey: A Linear And Non-Linear Granger Causality Approach," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 139-148.
- Aamer Abu-qarn, 2010. "The Defence-Growth Nexus Revisited: Evidence From The Israeli-Arab Conflict," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 291-300.
- Hiemstra, Craig & Jones, Jonathan D, 1994. " Testing for Linear and Nonlinear Granger Causality in the Stock Price-Volume Relation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1639-1664, December.
- Albert Wijeweera & Matthew J. Webb, 2011. "Military Spending and Economic Growth in South Asia: A Panel Data Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 545-554, June.
- Chia-I Pan & Tsangyao Chang & Yemane Wolde-Rufael, 2015. "Military Spending and Economic Growth in the Middle East Countries: Bootstrap Panel Causality Test," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 443-456, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsDefense Spending; Economic Growth; Conflict; Middle East;
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- F52 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - National Security; Economic Nationalism
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ1:2016-01-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.