A true test: do IMF programs hurt the poor?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Cashin & Catherine A Pattillo & Ratna Sahay & Paolo Mauro, 2001. "Macroeconomic Policies and Poverty Reduction; Stylized Facts and an Overview of Research," IMF Working Papers 01/135, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 1998. "Do IMF-Supported Programs Work? A Survey of the Cross-Country Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 98/169, International Monetary Fund.
- F. Rozwadowski & Siddharth Tiwari & David Robinson & Susan M Schadler, 1993. "Economic Adjustment in Low-Income Countries; Experience Under the Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility," IMF Occasional Papers 106, International Monetary Fund.
- Caroline M Kende-Robb, 2003. "Poverty and Social Impact Analysis; Linking Macroeconomic Policies to Poverty Outcomes: Summary of Early Experiences," IMF Working Papers 03/43, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oberdabernig, Doris A., 2013.
"Revisiting the Effects of IMF Programs on Poverty and Inequality,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 113-142.
- Doris A. Oberdabernig, 2012. "Revisiting the Effects of IMF Programs on Poverty and Inequality," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp144, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Oberdabernig, Doris Anita, 2012. "Revisiting the Effects of IMF Programs on Poverty and Inequality," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 3609, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Axel Dreher, 2009. "IMF conditionality: theory and evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 233-267, October.
- Matthew Hoddie & Caroline A. Hartzell, 2014. "Short-Term Pain, Long-Term Gain? The Effects of IMF Economic Reform Programs on Public Health Performance," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1022-1042, December.
- Fidel Gonzalez & Troy Quast, 2009. "Does the Relationship Between Mortality and the Business Cycle Vary by the Level of Economic Development? Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 0908, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Dreher, Axel, 2006.
"IMF and economic growth: The effects of programs, loans, and compliance with conditionality,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 769-788, May.
- Axel Dreher, 2004. "IMF and Economic Growth: The Effects of Programs, Loans, and Compliance with Conditionality," TWI Research Paper Series 1, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Dreher, Axel, 2005. "IMF and Economic Growth: The Effects of Programs, Loans, and Compliance with Conditionality," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 11, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Axel Dreher, 2004. "IMF and Economic Growth: The Effects of Programs, Loans, and Compliance with Conditionality," International Finance 0404004, EconWPA, revised 13 Aug 2005.
- Rickard, Stephanie J. & Caraway, Teri L., 2018. "International demands for austerity: examining the impact of the IMF on the public sector," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86636, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- ORASTEAN Ramona, 2014. "The Lending Arrangements Of The Imf In European Union In Times Of Crisis – Characteristics And Evolutions," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 9(1), pages 134-141, April.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes, 2004.
"Keeping Capital Flowing: The Role of the IMF,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 421-450, December.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes, 2004. "Keeping Capital Flowing; The Role of the IMF," IMF Working Papers 04/197, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes, 2004. "Keeping Capital Flowing: The Role of the IMF," NBER Working Papers 10834, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2010. "The Global Crisis in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: How the IMF Responded," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 35, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:41:y:2009:i:3:p:295-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.