Testing long-run purchasing power parity with a Bayesian unit root approach: the experience of Canada in the 1950s
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sims, Christopher A., 1988.
"Bayesian skepticism on unit root econometrics,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 463-474.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1988. "Bayesian skepticism on unit root econometrics," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 3, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- DeJong, David N. & Whiteman, Charles H., 1991. "Reconsidering 'trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series'," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-254, October.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Layton, Allan P. & Stark, Jonathan P., 1990. "Co-integration as an empirical test of purchasing power parity," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 125-136.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 1990. "Purchasing power parity : Another look at the long-run data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 339-344, April.
- Corbae, Dean & Ouliaris, Sam, 1988. "Cointegration and Tests of Purchasing Power Parity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 508-511, August.
- Ahking, Francis W., 1990. "Further results on long-run purchasing power parity in the 1920s," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 913-919, July.
- Whitt, Joseph A, Jr, 1992. "The Long-Run Behavior of the Real Exchange Rate: A Reconsideration," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(1), pages 72-82, February.
- David R. Johnson, 1990. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and Purchasing Power Parity between Canada and the United States," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(4), pages 839-855, November.
- Hakkio, Craig, 1986. "Does the exchange rate follow a random walk? A Monte Carlo study of four tests for a random walk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 221-229, June.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 1990. "Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run: A Cointegration Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(4), pages 491-503, November.
- Enders, Walter, 1988. "ARIMA and Cointegration Tests of PPP under Fixed and Flexible Exchange Rate Regimes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 504-508, August.
- Rudolf R. Rhomberg, 1964. "A Model of the Canadian Economy Under Fixed and Fluctuating Exchange Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 1-1.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Koop, Gary, 1992. "'Objective' Bayesian Unit Root Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(1), pages 65-82, Jan.-Marc.
- Taylor, Mark P. & McMahon, Patrick C., 1988. "Long-run purchasing power parity in the 1920s," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 179-197, January.
- Choudhry, Taufiq & McNown, Robert & Wallace, Myles, 1991. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Canadian Float in the 1950s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 558-563, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:apeclt:v:23:y:2016:i:8:p:554-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goswami, Gour Gobinda & Hossain, Mohammad Zariab, 2013. "Testing Black Market vs. Official PPP: A Pooled Mean Group Estimation Approach," MPRA Paper 63452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Tsangyao Chang & Tsung-Pao Wu, 2015. "Purchasing Power Parity in Transition Countries: Panel Stationary Test with Smooth and Sharp Breaks," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-9, May.
- Arize, Augustine C. & Malindretos, John & Ghosh, Dilip, 2015. "Purchasing power parity-symmetry and proportionality: Evidence from 116 countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 69-85.
- Emmanuel Anoruo & Habtu Braha & Yusuf Ahmad, 2002. "Purchasing power parity: Evidence from developing Countries," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 8(2), pages 85-96, May.
- Goldman Elena & Tsurumi Hiroki, 2005. "Bayesian Analysis of a Doubly Truncated ARMA-GARCH Model," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-38, June.
- Thabo m. Mokoena & Rangan Gupta & Reneé Van eyden, 2009. "Testing For Ppp Using Sadc Real Exchange Rates," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(3), pages 351-362, September.
- Valeria C. Castellanos, 2008. "Comisiones en cajeros automáticos y su relación con el tamaño de la red en México," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 57-92, enero-mar.
- Enrique Cuervo Guzmán, 2008. "Bayesian analysis of the unit root in real exchange rates: the NAFTA case," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 93-144, enero-mar.
- César E. Tamayo & Andrés M. Vargas, 2008.
"Flujos de capital y frenazos súbitos: teoría, historia y una nueva estimación,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 27-56, enero-mar.
- César Eduardo Tamayo T. & Andrés Mauricio Vargas P., 2007. "Flujos de capital y frenazos súbitos: teoría, historia y una nueva estimación," COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, FEDESARROLLO, December.
- Lean Hooi Hooi & Russell Smyth, 2007. "Are Asian real exchange rates mean reverting? Evidence from univariate and panel LM unit root tests with one and two structural breaks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(16), pages 2109-2120.
- Maxym Chaban, 2010. "Cointegration analysis with structural breaks and deterministic trends: an application to the Canadian dollar," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(23), pages 3023-3037.
- Bibiana Lanzilotta & Adrián Fernández & Gonzalo Zunino, 2008. "Evaluación de las proyecciones de analistas: la encuesta de expectativas de inflación del banco central," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 1-25, enero-mar.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:8:y:2002:i:2:p:85-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Tsangyao Chang & Tsungpao Wu, 2014. "Revisiting purchasing power parity in African countries: panel stationary test with sharp and smooth breaks," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(22), pages 1429-1438, November.
- Mohsen Bahmani Oskooee & Magda Kandil, 2007. "Real and nominal effective exchange rates in MENA countries: 1970-2004," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(19), pages 2489-2501.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:29:y:1997:i:6:p:813-819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.