Testing long-run validity of purchasing power parity for Asian countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 1990. "Purchasing power parity : Another look at the long-run data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 339-344, April.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Corbae, Dean & Ouliaris, Sam, 1988. "Cointegration and Tests of Purchasing Power Parity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 508-511, August.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Hung-Gay Fung & Kon S. Lai & Wai-Chung Lo, 1995. "Purchasing power parity under the European Monetary System," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 179-189, April.
- Peter Liu, 1992. "Purchasing power parity in Latin America: A co-integration analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(4), pages 662-680, December.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 1990. "Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run: A Cointegration Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(4), pages 491-503, November.
- Enders, Walter, 1988. "ARIMA and Cointegration Tests of PPP under Fixed and Flexible Exchange Rate Regimes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 504-508, August.
- Lothian, James R & Taylor, Mark P, 1996. "Real Exchange Rate Behavior: The Recent Float from the Perspective of the Past Two Centuries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(3), pages 488-509, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Choudhry, Taufiq & McNown, Robert & Wallace, Myles, 1991. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Canadian Float in the 1950s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 558-563, August.
- Eric J. Pentecost, 1993. "Exchange Rate Dynamics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 355, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis A. Gil-Alana & Jiang Liang, 2011. "The PPP hypothesis in the US/China relationship. Fractional integration, time variation and data frequency," Faculty Working Papers 13/11, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Yihui Lan, 2001. "The Explosion of Purchasing Power Parity," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 01-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Kalyoncu, Huseyin & Kalyoncu, Kahraman, 2008. "Purchasing power parity in OECD countries: Evidence from panel unit root," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 440-445, May.
- Laurence Copeland & Saeed Heravi, 2009.
"Structural breaks in the real exchange rate adjustment mechanism,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 121-134.
- Copeland, Laurence & Heravi, Saeed, 2006. "Structural Breaks in the Real Exchange Rate Adjustment Mechanism," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2006/21, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Anwar Al-Gasaymeh & John Kasem, 2016. "Long-Run Purchasing Power Parity And Exchange Rates: Evidence From The Middle East," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 10(2), pages 41-53.
- Mariam Camarero & Juan Carlos Cuestas & Javier Ordonez, 2008.
"Nonlinear trend stationarity of real exchange rates: the case of the Mediterranean countries,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 30-46.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Javier Ordoñez Monfort & Maria Amparo Camarero Olivas, 2006. "Nonlinear trend stationary of real exchange rates: The case of the Mediterranean countries," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-27, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alper ASLAN, 2010. "The validity of PPP: evidence from Lagrange multiplier unit root tests for ASEAN countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1433-1443.
- Huseyin Kalyoncu, 2009. "New evidence of the validity of purchasing power parity from Turkey," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 63-67.
- Ma, Wei & Li, Haiqi & Park, Sung Y., 2017. "Empirical conditional quantile test for purchasing power parity: Evidence from East Asian countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 211-222.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:6:y:1999:i:3:p:147-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.