Cultural distance as a determinant of bilateral trade flows: do immigrants counter the effect of cultural differences?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Murat Genc & Masood Gheasi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2012.
"The impact of immigration on international trade: a meta-analysis,"
Chapters,in: Migration Impact Assessment, chapter 9, pages 301-337
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Genc, Murat & Gheasi, Masood & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2011. "The Impact of Immigration on International Trade: A Meta-Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6145, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Murat Genc & Masood Gheasi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2011. "The impact of immigration on international trade: a meta-analysis," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2011020, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Annie Tubadji & Brian Osoba & Peter Nijkamp, 2015. "Culture-based development in the USA: culture as a factor for economic welfare and social well-being at a county level," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 39(3), pages 277-303, August.
- David Law & Murat Genç & John Bryant, 2013.
"Trade, Diaspora and Migration to New Zealand,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(5), pages 582-606, May.
- Law, David & Bryant, John & Genc, Murat, 2009. "Trade, diaspora and migration to New Zealand," NZIER Working Paper 2009/4, New Zealand Institute of Economic Research.
- David Law & Murat Genc & John Bryant, 2009. "Trade, diaspora and migration to New Zealand," Trade Working Papers 23005, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Angeles, Luis, 2012.
"Is there a role for genetics in economic development?,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2012-08, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Luis Angeles, 2012. "Is there a role for genetics in economic development?," Working Papers 2012_02, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Núria Quella & Silvio Rendon, 2012.
"Occupational selection in multilingual labor markets: the case of Catalonia,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(8), pages 918-937, November.
- Silvio Rendon & Nuria Quella, 2009. "Occupational Selection in Multilingual Labor Markets: The Case of Catalonia," Department of Economics Working Papers 09-02, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:72-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hatzigeorgiou, Andreas & Lodefalk, Magnus, 2015. "The Role of Foreign Networks for Firm Export of Services," Working Papers 2015:6, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Peter H. Egger & Maximilian von Ehrlich & Douglas R. Nelson, 2012. "Migration and Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 216-241, February.
- Philipp Harms & Daria Shuvalova, 2016.
"Cultural Distance and International Trade in Services: A Disaggregate View,"
1606, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
- Harms, Philipp & Shuvalova, Daria, 2017. "Cultural Distance and International Trade in Services: A Disaggregate View," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168132, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ehrhart, Helene & Le Goff, Maelan & Rocher?, Emmanuel & Singh, Raju Jan, 2014. "Does migration foster exports ? evidence from Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6739, The World Bank.
- Horácio Faustino & Isabel Proença, 2011. "Effects of Immigration on Intra-Industry Trade: A logit analysis," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/19, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Oxana Babecká Kucharčuková & Jan Babecký & Martin Raiser, 2012. "Gravity Approach for Modelling International Trade in South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States: The Role of Geography, Policy and Institutions," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 277-301, April.
- Artal-Tur, Andrés & Pallardó-López, Vicente J. & Requena-Silvente, Francisco, 2012. "The trade-enhancing effect of immigration networks: New evidence on the role of geographic proximity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 554-557.
- Zhiling Wang & Thomas de Graaff & Peter Nijkamp, 2014. "The choice of migration destinations: cultural diversity versus cultural distance," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1147, European Regional Science Association.
- Álvarez, Inmaculada C. & Barbero, Javier & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Zofío, José L., 2018.
"Does Institutional Quality Matter for Trade? Institutional Conditions in a Sectoral Trade Framework,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 72-87.
- Álvarez, Inmaculada C. & Barbero, Javier & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Zofio, Jose L., 2015. "Does institutional quality matter for trade? Institutional conditions in a sectoral trade framework," CEPR Discussion Papers 10876, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Álvarez, Inmaculada C. & Barbero, Javier & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Zofío, José L., 2018. "Does institutional quality matter for trade? Institutional conditions in a sectoral trade framework," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 85637, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Inmaculada C. Alvarez & Javier Barbero & Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Jose L. Zofio, 2017. "Does institutional quality matter for trade? Institutional conditions in a sectoral trade framework," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1729, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Nov 2017.
- repec:nwe:eajour:y:2018:i:1:p:69-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nuno Carlos Leitão, 2013. "The Impact of Immigration on Portuguese Intra-Industry Trade," Working Papers 2013.20, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Francisco Requena & Vicente Pallardó & Andrés Artal, 2012. "Which immigrants stimulate exports in their host country? (en homenaje a José Vicente Blanes)," Working Papers 1207, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Oxana Babecka Kucharcukova & Jan Babecky & Martin Raiser, 2010. "A Gravity Approach to Modelling International Trade in South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States: The Role of Geography, Policy and Institutions," Working Papers 2010/04, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Michael Good, 2013. "Geographic Proximity and the Pro-trade Effect of Migration: State-level Evidence from Mexican Migrants in the United States," 2013 Papers pgo530, Job Market Papers.
- Michael Good, 2012. "How Localized is the Pro-trade Effect of Immigration? Evidence from Mexico and the United States," Working Papers 1203, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Fiankor, Dela-Dem Doe & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2018. "Exports and governance: the role of private voluntary standards," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 275059, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Cantore, Nicola & Canavari, Maurizio & Pignatti, Erika, 2008. "Organic certification systems and international trading of agricultural products in gravity models," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6159, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Shaker, Saber Adly, 2017.
"الأبعاد الثقافية للتجارة الدولية: حالة دول إتفاقية أغادير
[The Cultural Dimensions of International Trade: The Case of AGADIR Agreement countries]," MPRA Paper 81761, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
- Herz, Benedikt & Varela-Irimia, Xosé-Luís, 2016. "Border Effects in European Public Procurement," MPRA Paper 76401, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Jan 2017.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:17:y:2010:i:2:p:147-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.