|Bedassa Tadesse, Ph.D. Associate Professor 330G Dept. of Economics University of Minnesota-Duluth 1318 Kirby Dr., Duluth, MN-55812 Office: (218) 726-8365 Fax: (218)-726-6509 Email: email@example.com|
|Terminal Degree:||2003 Department of Economics; Western Michigan University (from RePEc Genealogy)|
Department of Economics Duluth, Minnesota (United States)
Labovitz School of Business and Economics
University of Minnesota-Duluth
1318 Kirby Drive, Duluth, MN 55812
RePEc:edi:edumnus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Books
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah & Badassa Tadasse, 2009. "Tourism and Economic Growth in Latin American Countries(LAC): Further Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 200902, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Badassa Tadasse & Bichaka Fayissa, 2009. "Determinants of the Allocation of US Aid forTrade," Working Papers 200901, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Badassa Tadasse & Andrew McColley, 2008. "Does a Unilateral Policy Change Promote Trade? The Case of African Growth and Opportunity Act," Working Papers 200801, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah & Badassa Tadasse, 2007. "The Impact of Tourism on Economic Growth and Development in Africa," Working Papers 200716, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Badassa Tadasse, 2007. "Assessing the Impact of Development Cooperation: the Case of African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and U.S. Imports from Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 200719, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- B. Tadesse & R. White, 2015. "Do immigrants reduce bilateral trade costs? An empirical test," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(14), pages 1127-1132, September.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Roger White & Elias Shukralla, 2015. "Production Efficiency and the Extensive Margins of U.S. Exporters: An Industry-level Analysis," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 941-969, November.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Elias K. Shukralla, 2013. "The impact of foreign direct investment on horizontal export diversification: empirical evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 141-159, January.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Roger White, 2013. "Do African immigrants enhance their home nations’ trade with their hosts?," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 47(2), pages 199-228, July-Dece.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Roger White, 2011. "Emigrant Effects on Trade: Re-examining the Immigrant-trade Link from the Home Country Perspective," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 281-302.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Roger White, 2010. "Does Cultural Distance Hinder Trade in Goods? A Comparative Study of Nine OECD Member Nations," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 237-261, April.
- Roger White & Bedassa Tadesse, 2010. "The effects of refugee and non-refugee immigrants on US trade with their home countries," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 289-317.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Roger White, 2010. "Cultural distance as a determinant of bilateral trade flows: do immigrants counter the effect of cultural differences?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 147-152, January.
- White, Roger & Tadesse, Bedassa, 2008. "Immigrants, cultural distance and U.S. state-level exports of cultural products," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 331-348, December.
- Schultz, Jennifer & O'Brien, A. Maureen & Tadesse, Bedassa, 2008. "Social capital and self-rated health: Results from the US 2006 social capital survey of one community," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 606-617, August.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Bichaka Fayissa, 2008. "The impact of African growth and opportunity act (Agoa) on U.S. imports from Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 920-941.
- Roger White & Bedassa Tadesse, 2008. "Cultural Distance and the US Immigrant-Trade Link," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(8), pages 1078-1096, August.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & White, Roger, 2008. "Do immigrants counter the effect of cultural distance on trade? Evidence from US state-level exports," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2304-2318, December.
- Roger White & Bedassa Tadesse, 2007. "Immigration Policy, Cultural Pluralism And Trade: Evidence From The White Australia Policy," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 489-509, October.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Ryan, Michael, 2005. "Export Platforms and the Industry-Specific FDI-Trade Relationship," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 644-671.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Michael Ryan, 2004. "Host market characteristics, FDI, and the FDI - trade relationship," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 199-229.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997.
"Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: An analysis based on farm size and ecological zone,"
Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 185-192, August.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997. "Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: an analysis based on farm size and ecological zone," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(3), August.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
RankingsThis author is among the top 5% authors according to these criteria:
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 5 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Bedassa Tadesse should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.