Report NEP-AFR-2008-01-05This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Léonce Ndikumana & Sher Verick, 2007. "The Linkages between FDI and Domestic Investment: Unravelling the Developmental Impact of Foreign Investment," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2007-13, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Koen Smet, 2007. "Stuck in the middle? The structure of trade between South Africa and its major trading partners," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp115, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Calvin A. McDonald & Liliana Schumacher, 2007. "Financial Deepening in Sub-Saharan Africa; Empirical Evidence on the Role of Creditor Rights Protection and Information Sharing," IMF Working Papers 07/203, International Monetary Fund.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Badassa Tadasse, 2007. "Assessing the Impact of Development Cooperation: the Case of African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and U.S. Imports from Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 200719, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Fukunishi, Takahiro, 2007. "Has Low Productivity Constrained Competitiveness of African Firms? : Comparison of the Firm Performances with Asian Firms," IDE Discussion Papers 129, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Takane, Tsutomu, 2007. "Diversities and Disparities among Female-Headed Households in Rural Malawi," IDE Discussion Papers 124, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Marie-Anne Valfort, 2007. "Containing ethnic conflicts through ethical voting? Evidence from Ethiopia," HiCN Working Papers 35, Households in Conflict Network.
- Gelb, Alan & Ramachandran, Vijaya & Shah, Manju Kedia & Turner, Ginger, 2007. "What matters to African firms ? the relevance of perceptions data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4446, The World Bank.
- Oral Williams & Olumuyiwa Adedeji, 2007. "Fiscal Reaction Functions in the CFA Zone; An Analytical Perspective," IMF Working Papers 07/232, International Monetary Fund.
- Tobias Knedlik & Rolf Scheufele, 2007. "Three methods of forecasting currency crises: Which made the run in signaling the South African currency crisis of June 2006?," IWH Discussion Papers 17, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Danny Cassimon & Stijn Claessens & Bjorn Van Campenhout, 2007. "Empirical Evidence on the New International Aid Architecture," IMF Working Papers 07/277, International Monetary Fund.
- Buckley, Robert M. & Mathema, Ashna S., 2007. "Is Accra a superstar city ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4453, The World Bank.
- Li, Ying & Rowe, Francis, 2007. "Aid inflows and the real effective exchange rate in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4456, The World Bank.
- Noha Farrag & Ahmed Kamaly, 2007. "Measuring the Degree of Central Bank Independence in Egypt," Working Papers 4, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- El-Sharkawy, Omneya Khairy, 2007. "Exploring Knowledge And Skills For Tourist Guides: Evidence From Egypt," MPRA Paper 6369, University Library of Munich, Germany.