The impact of foreign direct investment on horizontal export diversification: empirical evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marianne Matthee & Wim Naudé, 2007. "Export Diversity and Regional Growth: Empirical Evidence from South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2007-11, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sharma, Kishor, 2000. "Export Growth In India: Has FDI Played a Role?," Center Discussion Papers 28372, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Kishor Sharma, 2000. "Export Growth in India: Has FDI Played a Role," Working Papers 816, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Regional integration agreements - a force for convergence or divergence?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2260, The World Bank.
- Moshe Buchinsky & Jinyong Hahn, 1995. "Quantile Regression Model with Unknown Censoring Point," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1096, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk & Daniel Berrettoni, 2006.
"Explaining Export Diversification: An Empirical Analysis,"
Department of Economics, Working Papers
065, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk & Daniel Berrettoni, 2006. "Explaining Export Diversification: An Empirical Analysis," IIE, Working Papers 065, IIE, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Sharma, K., 2000. "Export Growth in India: Has FDI Played a Role?," Papers 816, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Daniel Lederman & William Maloney, 2002. "Open Questions about the Link Between Natural Resources and Economic Growth: Sachs and Warner Revisited," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 141, Central Bank of Chile.
- Federico Bonaglia & Kichiro Fukasaku, 2003.
"Export Diversification In Low-Income Countries: An International Challenge After Doha,"
Development and Comp Systems
0307001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Federico Bonaglia & Kiichiro Fukasaku, 2003. "Export Diversification in Low-Income Countries: An International Challenge After Doha," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 209, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annie Tubadji & Peter Nijkamp, 2015.
"Cultural Gravity Effects among Migrants: A Comparative Analysis of the EU15,"
Economic Geography, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 91(3), pages 343-380, July.
- Annie Tubadji & Peter Nijkamp, 2015. "Cultural Gravity Effects among Migrants: A Comparative Analysis of the EU15," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 91(3), pages 343-380, July.
- International Monetary Fund, 2016. "Sierra Leone: Sierra Leone: Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 2016/237, International Monetary Fund.
- Peñaranda Molina, Diego Andrés, 2021. "Determinantes de la diversificación de exportaciones en Sudamérica: un análisis con datos de panel," Documentos de trabajo 3/2021, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- Camara Kwasi Obeng, 2018.
"Is the effect of exchange rate volatility on export diversification symmetric or asymmetric? Evidence from Ghana,"
Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1460027-146, January.
- Obeng, Camara Kwasi, 2017. "Is the effect of exchange rate volatility on export diversification symmetric or asymmetric? Evidence from Ghana," MPRA Paper 79027, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giray Gözgör & Muhlis Can, 2017. "Causal Linkages among the Product Diversification of Exports, Economic Globalization and Economic Growth," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 888-908, August.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2014.
"Portfolio in Turkish Economy, and A Long Termed Relation Between Foreign Direct Investments and The Growth, and The Structural Breakage Analysis (1980-2012),"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 70-81.
- Bilal Kargi, 2014. "Portfolio In Turkish Economy, And A Long Termed Relation Between Foreign Direct Investments And The Growth, And The Structural Breakage Analysis (1980-2012)," Journal of Academic Research in Economics, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 6(1 (March)), pages 70-81.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2014. "Portfolio in Turkish Economy, and A Long Termed Relation Between Foreign Direct Investments and The Growth, and The Structural Breakage Analysis (1980-2012)," MPRA Paper 56086, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amighini, Alessia & Sanfilippo, Marco, 2014.
"Impact of South–South FDI and Trade on the Export Upgrading of African Economies,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-17.
- Alessia Amighini & Marco Sanfilippo, 2013. "Impact of South-South FDI and trade on the export upgrading of African economies," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/75, European University Institute.
- Moussir, Charaf-Eddine & Tabit, Safaa, 2016. "Diversification des exportations et transformation structurelle au Maroc: Quel rôle pour les IDE ? [Export Diversification and Structural Transformation in Morocco: What Role for FDI?]," MPRA Paper 76582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stojcic, Nebojsa & Orlic, Edvard, 2016. "Foreign direct investment and structural transformation of exports," MPRA Paper 109127, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iyoboyi, Martins, 2019. "Macroeconomic Analysis of Export Diversification in Nigeria," Empirical Economic Review, Department of Economics and Statistics, Dr Hassan Murad School of Management, University of Management and Technology, Lahore, vol. 2(1), pages 83-116.
- Sèna Kimm Gnangnon & Michael Roberts, 2017. "Aid for Trade, Foreign Direct Investment and Export Upgrading in Recipient Countries," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(02), pages 1-36, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chakraborty, Chandana & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2006. "Economic reforms, foreign direct investment and its economic effects in India," Kiel Working Papers 1272, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Seema Joshi, 2008. "From the ‘Hindu rate of growth’ to ‘unstoppable India’: has the services sector played a role?," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 1299-1312, April.
- Dukhabandhu Sahoo & Maathai K. Mathiyazhagan, 2003. "Economic Growth In India: "Does Foreign Direct Investment Inflow Matter?"," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 48(02), pages 151-171.
- Gu, Weishi & Awokuse, Titus O. & Yuan, Yan, 2008. "The Contribution of Foreign Direct Investment to China's Export Performance: Evidence from Disaggregated Sectors," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6453, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- David Mayer Foulkes., 2007. "Subdesarrollo y globalización," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(1), pages 155-192, May.
- Guisan, M.C. & Exposito, P., 2006. "Production by sector in China, India and OECD Countries, 1985-2005," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(2).
- Philip R. Lane & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2006.
"The international financial integration of China and India,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio, 2006. "The International Financial Integration of China and India," CEPR Discussion Papers 5852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2007. "The international financial integration of China and India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4132, The World Bank.
- Philip R. Lane & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2006. "The International Financial Integration of China and India," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp174, IIIS.
- Nazneen Shahid, 2013. "Export-Led Growth Strategy: Tool for Economic Development in India," Indian Journal of Commerce and Management Studies, Educational Research Multimedia & Publications,India, vol. 4(1), pages 58-64, January.
- Vijaykumar Dhannur & Ashwin R. John, 2021. "Foreign direct investment and export performance using the hierarchical Bayesian vector autoregression framework," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(7), pages 1679-1685, October.
- Shib Sankar Jana & Tarak Nath Sahu & Krishna Dayal Pandey, 2020. "How far is FDI relevant to India’s foreign trade growth? An empirical investigation," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Alexander Cobham, "undated". "Capital Account Liberalisation and Poverty," QEH Working Papers qehwps70, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Ramesh C. Paudel, 2014. "Liberalisation reform and export performance of India," ASARC Working Papers 2014-03, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Muhammad Tariq Majeed & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2006. "Determinants of Exports in Developing Countries," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 1265-1276.
- Abdullahi Ahmed & Enjiang Cheng & George Messinis, 2011. "The role of exports, FDI and imports in development: evidence from Sub-Saharan African countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(26), pages 3719-3731.
- Yeboah, Osei-Agyeman & Naanwaab, Cephas B. & Saleem, Shaik & Akuffo, Akua S., 2012. "Effects of Trade Openness on Economic Growth: The Case of African Countries," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119795, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Kolawole Olayiwola & Henry Okodua, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment, Non-Oil Exports, and Economic Growth in Nigeria: A Causality Analysis," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(11), pages 1479-1496, November.
- Apanisile Olumuyiwa Tolulope & Okunlola Charles Olalekan, 2017. "Growth Effect of Export Promotion on Non-oil Output in Sub-Saharan Africa (1970â€“2014)," Emerging Economy Studies, International Management Institute, vol. 3(2), pages 139-155, November.
- Vinnie Jauhari, 2007. "Analysing Export Intensity Of The Select Electronics Firms In India," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(03), pages 379-396.
- Priya Ranjan & Jibonayan Raychaudhuri, 2011. "Self-selection vs learning: evidence from Indian exporting firms," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 22-37, April.
- Michael Jetter & AndrÃ©s RamÃrez Hassan, 2013. "The roots of export diversification," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 010600, Universidad EAFIT.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:45:y:2013:i:2:p:141-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.