Socioeconomic Indicators for Analyzing Convergence: The Case of Greece: 1960–2004
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Panagiotis Liargovas & Georgios Fotopoulos, 2008. "Socioeconomic indicators for analyzing Convergence: the case of Greece: 1960-2004," Working Papers 0014, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1991. "The Structure of Local Public Finance and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 774-806, August.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1988. "Wages, Rents, and Amenities: Differences among Workers and Regions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Cholezas, Ioannis, 2005. "Education and Inequality in Greece," IZA Discussion Papers 1582, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Efthymios Tsionas, 2002. "Another Look at Regional Convergence in Greece," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 603-609.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Vicente Royuela & Jordi Suriñach, 2005. "Constituents of Quality of Life and Urban Size," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 549-572, December.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Hope, Chris & Parker, Jonathan & Peake, Stephen, 1992. "A pilot environmental index for the UK in the 1980s," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 335-343, April.
- Dimitris K. Christopoulos & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2004. "Convergence and regional productivity differences: Evidence from Greek prefectures," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(3), pages 387-396, September.
- Leo Michelis & Athanasios Papadopoulos & Gregory Papanikos, 2004. "Regional convergence in Greece in the 1980s: an econometric investigation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 881-888.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick & Tang, Paul J G, 1992. "The Macroeconomics of Growth: An International Perspective," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 15-28, Winter.
- S. Alexiadis & J. Tomkins, 2004. "Convergence clubs in the regions of Greece," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 387-391.
- Baumol, William J, 1986.
"Productivity Growth, Convergence, and Welfare: What the Long-run Data Show,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1072-1085, December.
- Baumol, William J., 1985. "Productivity Growth, Convergence and Welfare: What the Long Run Data Show," Working Papers 85-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Blomquist, Glenn C & Berger, Mark C & Hoehn, John P, 1988. "New Estimates of Quality of Life in Urban Areas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 89-107, March.
- Hope, Chris & Parker, Jon, 1990. "Environmental information for all : The need of a monthly index," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 312-319, May.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephanié Rossouw & Talita Greyling, 2017. "Regional disparities in non-economic quality of life in South Africa: convergence or divergence?," Working Papers 2017-06 JEL Classificatio, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Tyralis, Hristos & Mamassis, Nikos & Photis, Yorgos N., 2017. "Spatial analysis of the electrical energy demand in Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 340-352.
- Vicente Royuela & Gustavo Adolfo García, 2015. "Economic and Social Convergence in Colombia," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(2), pages 219-239, February.
- repec:mth:raee88:v:9:y:2017:i:2:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSocioeconomic indicators; Convergence; Quality of life; Greece;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:93:y:2009:i:2:p:315-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.