Welfare State Development, Individual Deprivations and Income Inequality: A Cross-Country Analysis in Latin America and the Caribbean
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amartya Sen, 2004. "Capabilities, Lists, And Public Reason: Continuing The Conversation," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 77-80.
- Bossi, Luca & Gumus, Gulcin, 2013.
"Income Inequality, Mobility, And The Welfare State: A Political Economy Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1198-1226, September.
- Bossi, Luca & Gumus, Gulcin, 2011. "Income Inequality, Mobility, and the Welfare State: A Political Economy Model," IZA Discussion Papers 5909, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Darryl McLeod & Nora Lustig, 2010.
"Inequality and Poverty under Latin America's New Left Regimes,"
Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series
dp2010-13, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- Darryl McLeod & Nora Lustig, 2011. "Inequality and Poverty under Latin America's New Left Regimes," Working Papers 1117, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Darryl McLeod & Nora Lustig, 2011. "Inequality and poverty under Latin America’s new left regimes," Working Papers 208, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Docquier, Frederic & Paddison, Oliver, 2003.
"Social security benefit rules, growth and inequality,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 47-71, March.
- Frédéric Docquier & Olivier Paddison, 2003. "Social security benefit rules, growth and inequality," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/229570, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:03:p:634-647_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan A. Montecino, 2011. "Decreasing Inequality Under Latin America’s “Social Democratic” and “Populist” Governments: Is the Difference Real?," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2011-22, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Era Dabla-Norris & Kalpana Kochhar & Nujin Suphaphiphat & Frantisek Ricka & Evridiki Tsounta, 2015. "Causes and Consequences of Income Inequality; A Global Perspective," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 15/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Poor, Relatively Speaking," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 153-169, July.
- Barr, Nicholas, 2012. "Economics of the Welfare State," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 5, number 9780199297818.
- David A. Clark, 2005. "The Capability Approach: Its Development, Critiques and Recent Advances," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-032, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bailey, Delia & Katz, Jonathan N., 2011. "Implementing Panel-Corrected Standard Errors in R: The pcse Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 42(c01).
- Martha Nussbaum, 2003. "Capabilities As Fundamental Entitlements: Sen And Social Justice," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 33-59.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Kaganovich, Michael, 2008. "Social security, public education and the growth-inequality relationship," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 1009-1034, August.
- Segura-Ubiergo,Alex, 2012.
"The Political Economy of the Welfare State in Latin America,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107410664.
- Segura-Ubiergo,Alex, 2007. "The Political Economy of the Welfare State in Latin America," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521871112.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191, June.
- Lane Kenworthy, 1998. "Do Social-Welfare Policies Reduce Poverty? A Cross-National Assessment," LIS Working papers 188, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
More about this item
KeywordsWelfare state development; Inequality; Poverty; Latin America and the Caribbean; Multidimensional welfare index; Redistribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:134:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1465-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.