Allocation problems with indivisibilities when preferences are single-peaked
We consider allocation problems with indivisible goods when agents' preferences are single-peaked. In this paper we identify the family of efficient, fair and non-manipulable solutions. We refer to such a family as M-temporary satisfaction methods. Besides, we provide arguments to defend these methods as extensions to the indivisible case of the so-called uniform rule.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universidad del País Vasco; DFAE II; Avenida Lehendakari Aguirre, 83; 48015 Bilbao; Spain|
Phone: +34 94 6013783
Fax: + 34 94 6013774
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13209
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomson William, 1994. "Consistent Solutions to the Problem of Fair Division When Preferences Are Single-Peaked," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 219-245, August.
- Youngsub Chun, 1999. "Equivalence of axioms for bankruptcy problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 511-520.
- HERRERO, Carmen & MARTINEZ, Ricardo, 2006.
"Balanced allocation methods for claims problems with indivisibilities,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2006066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carmen Herrero & Ricardo Martínez, 2008. "Balanced allocation methods for claims problems with indivisibilities," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 603-617, May.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1991. "The Division Problem with Single-Peaked Preferences: A Characterization of the Uniform Allocation Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 509-19, March.
- Sonmez, Tayfun, 1994. "Consistency, monotonicity, and the uniform rule," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 229-235, November.
- Dagan, Nir, 1996.
"A Note on Thomson's Characterizations of the Uniform Rule,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 255-261, April.
- Nir Dagan, 1996. "A Note on Thomson's Characterizations of the Uniform Rule," Economic theory and game theory 003, Nir Dagan.
- Salvador Barbera, 1995.
"Strategy-Proof Allotment Rules,"
1142, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Youngsub Chun, 1999. "Equivalence of Axioms for Bankruptcy Problems," Working Paper Series no1, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
- Carmen Herrero Blanco & Ricardo Martínez, 2004. "Egalitarian Rules In Claims Problems With Indivisible Goods," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-20, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Carmen Herrero, 2002. "General allocation problems with single-peaked preferences: path-independence and related topics," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 19-40.
- Thomson, W., 1998.
"Consistency and its Converse: an Introduction,"
RCER Working Papers
448, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:series:v:2:y:2011:i:4:p:453-467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.