A Geometric Analysis of When Fixed Weighting Schemes Will Outperform Ordinary Least Squares
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 76 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niels Waller & Jeff Jones, 2011. "Investigating the Performance of Alternate Regression Weights by Studying All Possible Criteria in Regression Models with a Fixed Set of Predictors," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 410-439, July.
- Howard Wainer & David Thissen, 1976. "Three steps towards robust regression," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 9-34, March.
- Goldstein, Daniel G. & Gigerenzer, Gerd, 2009. "Fast and frugal forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 760-772, October.
- Baucells Alibés Manel & Carrasco López Juan Antonio, 2006.
"Cumulative Dominance and Heuristic Performance in Binary Multi - Attribute Choice,"
201047, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Manel Baucells & Juan A. Carrasco & Robin Hogarth, 2005. "Cumulative dominance and heuristic performance in binary multi-attribute choice," Economics Working Papers 895, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Niels Waller & Jeff Jones, 2009. "Locating the Extrema of Fungible Regression Weights," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 74(4), pages 589-602, December.
- Raymond Koopman, 1988. "On the sensitivity of a composite to its weights," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 547-552, December.
- Robin Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2005. "Regions of rationality: Maps for bounded agents," Economics Working Papers 828, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2006.
- S. Wilks, 1938. "Weighting systems for linear functions of correlated variables when there is no dependent variable," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 23-40, March.
- Niels Waller, 2008. "Fungible Weights in Multiple Regression," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(4), pages 691-703, December.
- Robin Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2004. "Simple models for multi-attribute choice with many alternatives: When it does and does not pay to face tradeoffs with binary attributes," Economics Working Papers 739, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2005.
- Robin Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2003. "Take-the-best and other simple strategies: Why and when they work 'well' in binary choice," Economics Working Papers 709, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Clintin Davis-Stober & Jason Dana & David Budescu, 2010. "A Constrained Linear Estimator for Multiple Regression," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 521-541, September.
- F. Hutton Barron & Bruce E. Barrett, 1996. "Decision Quality Using Ranked Attribute Weights," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(11), pages 1515-1523, November.
- Niels Waller & Jeff Jones, 2010. "Correlation Weights in Multiple Regression," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 75(1), pages 58-69, March.
- Robin Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2004. "Ignoring information in binary choice with continuous variables: When is less 'more'?," Economics Working Papers 742, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2004.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:76:y:2011:i:4:p:650-669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.