Why Do Simple Heuristics Perform Well in Choices with Binary Attributes?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manel Baucells & Juan A. Carrasco & Robin M. Hogarth, 2008.
"Cumulative Dominance and Heuristic Performance in Binary Multiattribute Choice,"
Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 1289-1304, October.
- Manel Baucells & Juan A. Carrasco & Robin Hogarth, 2005. "Cumulative dominance and heuristic performance in binary multi-attribute choice," Economics Working Papers 895, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Baucells Alibés Manel & Carrasco López Juan Antonio, 2006. "Cumulative Dominance and Heuristic Performance in Binary Multi - Attribute Choice," Working Papers 201047, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Konstantinos V. Katsikopoulos, 2011. "Psychological Heuristics for Making Inferences: Definition, Performance, and the Emerging Theory and Practice," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 8(1), pages 10-29, March.
- Robin M. Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2005.
"Simple Models for Multiattribute Choice with Many Alternatives: When It Does and Does Not Pay to Face Trade-offs with Binary Attributes,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(12), pages 1860-1872, December.
- Robin Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2004. "Simple models for multi-attribute choice with many alternatives: When it does and does not pay to face tradeoffs with binary attributes," Economics Working Papers 739, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2005.
- Carrasco, Juan A. & Baucells, Manel, 2008. "Tight upper bounds for the expected loss of lexicographic heuristics in binary multi-attribute choice," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 156-189, March.
- Laura Martignon & Ulrich Hoffrage, 2002. "Fast, frugal, and fit: Simple heuristics for paired comparison," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 29-71, February.
- Todd, Peter M., 2007. "How much information do we need?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(3), pages 1317-1332, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katsikopoulos, Konstantinos V. & Durbach, Ian N. & Stewart, Theodor J., 2018. "When should we use simple decision models? A synthesis of various research strands," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 17-25.
More about this item
Keywordsmultiattribute choice; utility; heuristics; elimination by aspects; equal weighting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ordeca:v:10:y:2013:i:4:p:327-340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.