Trends in global mineral and metal criticality: the need for technological foresight
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Peng & Chen, Li-Yang & Ge, Jian-Ping & Cai, Wenjia & Chen, Wei-Qiang, 2019. "Incorporating critical material cycles into metal-energy nexus of China’s 2050 renewable transition," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Elshkaki, Ayman & Shen, Lei, 2019. "Energy-material nexus: The impacts of national and international energy scenarios on critical metals use in China up to 2050 and their global implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 903-917.
- Simon Glöser-Chahoud & Luis Tercero Espinoza & Rainer Walz & Martin Faulstich, 2016. "Taking the Step towards a More Dynamic View on Raw Material Criticality: An Indicator Based Analysis for Germany and Japan," Resources, MDPI, vol. 5(4), pages 1-16, December.
- Patrice Christmann, 2021. "Mineral Resource Governance in the 21st Century and a sustainable European Union," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 34(2), pages 187-208, July.
- Di Dong & Arnold Tukker & Ester Van der Voet, 2019. "Modeling copper demand in China up to 2050: A business‐as‐usual scenario based on dynamic stock and flow analysis," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 23(6), pages 1363-1380, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu, Donglei & Wenhui, Xiong & Anser, Muhammad Khalid & Nassani, Abdelmohsen A. & Imran, Muhammad & Zaman, Khalid & Haffar, Mohamed, 2023. "Navigating the global mineral market: A study of resource wealth and the energy transition," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ren, Kaipeng & Tang, Xu & Wang, Peng & Willerström, Jakob & Höök, Mikael, 2021. "Bridging energy and metal sustainability: Insights from China’s wind power development up to 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 227(C).
- Liang, Yanan & Kleijn, René & Tukker, Arnold & van der Voet, Ester, 2022. "Material requirements for low-carbon energy technologies: A quantitative review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
- Le Boulzec, Hugo & Delannoy, Louis & Andrieu, Baptiste & Verzier, François & Vidal, Olivier & Mathy, Sandrine, 2022.
"Dynamic modeling of global fossil fuel infrastructure and materials needs: Overcoming a lack of available data,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 326(C).
- Hugo Le Boulzec & Louis Delannoy & Baptiste Andrieu & François Verzier & Olivier Vidal & Sandrine Mathy, 2022. "Dynamic modeling of global fossil fuel infrastructure and materials needs: Overcoming a lack of available data," Post-Print hal-03780879, HAL.
- Ozawa, Akito & Morimoto, Shinichirou & Hatayama, Hiroki & Anzai, Yurie, 2023. "Energy–materials nexus of electrified vehicle penetration in Japan: A study on energy transition and cobalt flow," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 277(C).
- Zheng, Biao & Zhang, Yuquan & Chen, Yufeng, 2021. "Asymmetric connectedness and dynamic spillovers between renewable energy and rare earth markets in China: Evidence from firms’ high-frequency data," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Ren, Kaipeng & Tang, Xu & Höök, Mikael, 2021. "Evaluating metal constraints for photovoltaics: Perspectives from China’s PV development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 282(PA).
- Beibei Che & Chaofeng Shao & Zhirui Lu & Binghong Qian & Sihan Chen, 2022. "Mineral Requirements for China’s Energy Transition to 2060—Focus on Electricity and Transportation," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Zhang, Haoran & Li, Ruixiong & Cai, Xingrui & Zheng, Chaoyue & Liu, Laibao & Liu, Maodian & Zhang, Qianru & Lin, Huiming & Chen, Long & Wang, Xuejun, 2022. "Do electricity flows hamper regional economic–environmental equity?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 326(C).
- Song, Huiling & Wang, Chang & Lei, Xiaojie & Zhang, Hongwei, 2022. "Dynamic dependence between main-byproduct metals and the role of clean energy market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C).
- Huang, Jianbai & Dong, Xuesong & Chen, Jinyu & Zeng, Anqi, 2023. "The slow-release effect of recycling on rapid demand growth of critical metals from EV batteries up to 2050: Evidence from China," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Islam, Md. Monirul & Sohag, Kazi & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Mariev, Oleg & Samargandi, Nahla, 2022. "Minerals import demands and clean energy transitions: A disaggregated analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Zhang, Yuan & Liang, Tianyang & Yang, Ke, 2022. "An integrated energy storage system consisting of Compressed Carbon dioxide energy storage and Organic Rankine Cycle: Exergoeconomic evaluation and multi-objective optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 247(C).
- Song, Ying & Bouri, Elie & Ghosh, Sajal & Kanjilal, Kakali, 2021. "Rare earth and financial markets: Dynamics of return and volatility connectedness around the COVID-19 outbreak," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Yang, Xiao & Anser, Muhammad Khalid & Yusop, Zulkornain & Abbas, Shujaat & Khan, Muhammad Azhar & Zaman, Khalid, 2022. "Volatility in mineral resource pricing causes ecological footprints: A cloud on the horizon," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C).
- He, Rui-fang & Zhong, Mei-rui & Huang, Jian-bai, 2021. "The dynamic effects of renewable-energy and fossil-fuel technological progress on metal consumption in the electric power industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Gedam, Vidyadhar V. & Raut, Rakesh D. & Lopes de Sousa Jabbour, Ana Beatriz & Agrawal, Nishant, 2021. "Moving the circular economy forward in the mining industry: Challenges to closed-loop in an emerging economy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Tang, Chen & Sprecher, Benjamin & Tukker, Arnold & Mogollón, José M., 2021. "The impact of climate policy implementation on lithium, cobalt and nickel demand: The case of the Dutch automotive sector up to 2040," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Lu, Hongfang & Lin, Bin-Le & Campbell, Daniel E. & Wang, Yanjia & Duan, Wenqi & Han, Taotao & Wang, Jun & Ren, Hai, 2022. "Australia-Japan telecoupling of wind power-based green ammonia for passenger transportation: Efficiency, impacts, and sustainability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 168(C).
- Wang, Xue-Chao & Jiang, Peng & Yang, Lan & Fan, Yee Van & Klemeš, Jiří Jaromír & Wang, Yutao, 2021. "Extended water-energy nexus contribution to environmentally-related sustainable development goals," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 150(C).
- Wang, Chen & Feng, Kuishuang & Liu, Xi & Wang, Peng & Chen, Wei-Qiang & Li, Jiashuo, 2022. "Looming challenge of photovoltaic waste under China’s solar ambition: A spatial–temporal assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 307(C).
More about this item
KeywordsMineral and metal demand; Foresight; Mineral and metal criticality assessments; Metals; Sustainable development; Technological shifts;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minecn:v:35:y:2022:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-022-00323-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.