Stationarity conditions for the spatial first-order and serial second-order model
The stationarity conditions for a spatial first-order and serial second-order model in the presence of time-lagged spatial interactions are discussed. The stationarity conditions for serial autoregressive parameters were found on the basis of the structural vector autoregression form of the model. The temporal stationarity was a function of the spatial autoregressive parameters. The value of the time-lagged spatial autoregressive parameter defined the shift of the interval for the first-order serial parameter. However, the sizes of intervals for the values of both serial parameters depended only on the value of the simultaneous autoregressive parameter. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
Volume (Year): 6 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/12076|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- Florax, R. & Folmer, H., 1991.
"Specification and Estimation of Spatial Linear Regression Models: Monte Carlo Evaluation of Pre-Test Estimator,"
Mansholt Working Papers
1991-4, Wageningen University, Mansholt Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Florax, Raymond & Folmer, Henk, 1992. "Specification and estimation of spatial linear regression models : Monte Carlo evaluation of pre-test estimators," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 405-432, September.
- J. Elhorst, 2012. "Dynamic spatial panels: models, methods, and inferences," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 5-28, January.
- Elhorst, J. Paul & Lacombe, Donald J. & Piras, Gianfranco, 2012. "On model specification and parameter space definitions in higher order spatial econometric models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 211-220.
- J. Keith Ord & Arthur Getis, 2001. "Testing for Local Spatial Autocorrelation in the Presence of Global Autocorrelation," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 411-432.
- Brigitte Waldorf & Rachel Franklin, 2002. "Spatial Dimensions of the Easterlin Hypothesis: Fertility Variations in Italy," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 549-578.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Nicolas Debarsy & Cem Ertur & James P. Lesage, 2012.
"Interpreting Dynamic Space-Time Panel Data Models,"
- Marcia Castro, 2007. "Spatial Demography: An Opportunity to Improve Policy Making at Diverse Decision Levels," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 477-509, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:lsprsc:v:6:y:2013:i:1:p:19-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.