Nested externalities and polycentric institutions: must we wait for global solutions to climate change before taking actions at other scales?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franck Lecocq & Jean-Charles Hourcade, 2012.
"Unspoken ethical issues in the climate affair: Insights from a theoretical analysis of negotiation mandates,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 445-471, February.
- Franck Lecocq & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2012. "Unspoken ethical issues in the climate affair: Insights from a theoretical analysis of negotiation mandates," Post-Print hal-00716658, HAL.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey, 1994.
"Who should abate carbon emissions? : An international viewpoint,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 443-449, April.
- Graciela Chichilnisky & Geoffrey Heal, 1993. "Who Should Abate Carbon Emissions? An International Viewpoint," NBER Working Papers 4425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Chipman & Guoqiang Tian, 2012. "Detrimental externalities, pollution rights, and the “Coase theorem”," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 309-327, February.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:55:y:1961:i:04:p:831-842_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael, 2004. "Solutions When the Solution is the Problem: Arraying the Disarray in Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 191-212, February.
- Schelling Thomas C., 2007. "Climate Change: The Uncertainties, the Certainties and What They Imply About Action," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-5, July.
- Charles Figuières & Mabel Tidball, 2012.
"Sustainable exploitation of a natural resource: a satisfying use of Chichilnisky’s criterion,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 243-265, February.
- Charles Figuières & Mabel Tidball, 2006. "Sustainable exploitation of a natural resource: a satisfying use of Chichilnisky's criterion," Working Papers 06-03, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Sep 2006.
- Geir Asheim & Tapan Mitra & Bertil Tungodden, 2012. "Sustainable recursive social welfare functions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 267-292, February.
- Stavins, Robert, 1997. "Policy Instruments for Climate Change: How Can National Governments Address a Global Problem?," Discussion Papers dp-97-11, Resources For the Future.
- Michel, David, 2009. "Foxes, hedgehogs, and greenhouse governance: Knowledge, uncertainty, and international policy-making in a warming World," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 258-264, February.
- Sandler,Todd, 2004. "Global Collective Action," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521542548, April.
- Larry Lohmann, 2008. "Carbon Trading, Climate Justice and the Production of Ignorance: Ten examples," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 51(3), pages 359-365, September.
- Armon Rezai & Duncan Foley & Lance Taylor, 2012. "Global warming and economic externalities," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 329-351, February.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Williams, John T. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2005. "Local Enforcement and Better Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-284, February.
- Luc Lauwers, 2012.
"Intergenerational equity, efficiency, and constructibility,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 227-242, February.
- Luc LAUWERS, 2010. "Intergenerational equity, efficiency and constructability," Working Papers Department of Economics ces10.22, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Byrne & Job Taminiau & Kyung Nam Kim & Jeongseok Seo & Joohee Lee, 2016. "A solar city strategy applied to six municipalities: integrating market, finance, and policy factors for infrastructure-scale photovoltaic development in Amsterdam, London, Munich, New York, Seoul, an," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 68-88, January.
- Gary D. Libecap, 2014. "Addressing Global Environmental Externalities: Transaction Costs Considerations," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 52(2), pages 424-479, June.
- Chanteau, Jean-Pierre & Labrousse, Agnès, 2013.
"L’institutionnalisme méthodologique d’Elinor Ostrom : quelques enjeux et controverses,"
Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs,
Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 14.
- Jean-Pierre Chanteau & Agnès Labrousse, 2013. "L'institutionnalisme méthodologique d'Elinor Ostrom : quelques enjeux et controverses," Post-Print halshs-00951360, HAL.
- repec:spr:climat:v:144:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10584-015-1517-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:tpr:glenvp:v:17:y:2017:i:2:p:45-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Qiang & Chen, Xi, 2013. "Rethinking and reshaping the climate policy: Literature review and proposed guidelines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 469-477.
- Achim Hagen & Leonhard Kaehler & Klaus Eisenack, 2016. "Transnational Environmental Agreements with Heterogeneous Actors," Working Papers V-387-16, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2016.
- Grischa Perino, 2015. "Climate Campaigns, Cap and Trade, and Carbon Leakage: Why Trying to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint Can Harm the Climate," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 469-495.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:163-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Achim Hagen & Klaus Eisenack, 2015. "International Environmental Agreements with Asymmetric Countries: Climate Clubs vs. Global Cooperation," Working Papers 2015.58, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jeffrey G. York & Isobel O'Neil & Saras D. Sarasvathy, 2016. "Exploring Environmental Entrepreneurship: Identity Coupling, Venture Goals, and Stakeholder Incentives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 695-737, July.
- Gallemore, Caleb & Di Gregorio, Monica & Moeliono, Moira & Brockhaus, Maria & Prasti H., Rut Dini, 2015. "Transaction costs, power, and multi-level forest governance in Indonesia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 168-179.
- repec:spr:climat:v:144:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10584-015-1511-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:masfgc:v:23:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11027-016-9736-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbioec:v:19:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10818-016-9238-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbashin, Maksim, 2014.
"Методологические Возможности “Блумингтонской Школы”: И Перспективы Развития Современного Неоинституционализма
[The Formation of the “Bloomington School”: Methodological Opportunities and Perspectiv," MPRA Paper 82034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Byrne, John & Taminiau, Job & Kurdgelashvili, Lado & Kim, Kyung Nam, 2015. "A review of the solar city concept and methods to assess rooftop solar electric potential, with an illustrative application to the city of Seoul," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 830-844.
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Eftichios Sartzetakis, 2015. "International environmental agreements: coordinated action under foresight," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 59(3), pages 527-546, August.
- Ernest Nti Acheampong & Mark Swilling & Kevin Urama, 2016. "Sustainable Urban Water System Transitions Through Management Reforms in Ghana," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(5), pages 1835-1849, March.
- Sarah C. Davis & Derek Kauneckis & Natalie A. Kruse & Kimberley E. Miller & Michael Zimmer & Geoffrey D. Dabelko, 2016. "Closing the loop: integrative systems management of waste in food, energy, and water systems," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 11-24, March.
- Brendan Guy, 2014. "Re-conceptualising Commitments to Sustainable Development in the 21st Century – Nurturing Action and Accountability in the Networked World," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 45(2), pages 223-244.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:111:y:2017:i:c:p:204-213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Biard & Edoardo Croci & Tania Molteni, 2015. "An analysis of multi-level collaborative initiatives on sustainable energy in Europe," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 89-110.
- Balta-Ozkan, Nazmiye & Watson, Tom & Mocca, Elisabetta, 2015. "Spatially uneven development and low carbon transitions: Insights from urban and regional planning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 500-510.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal public goods; Climate policy; Collective-action theory; H4; Q2;
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:49:y:2012:i:2:p:353-369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .