Balanced cycles in an OLG model with a continuum of finitely-lived individuals
This paper studies the intertemporal equilibrium of a barter economy populated with a continuum of finitely-lived overlapping generations. Assuming isoelastic preferences and zero endowments at the beginning and the end of the individual's life-span, it proves the existence of an Hopf bifurcation and provides sufficient conditions on parameters for its occurrence.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jess Benhabib & Aldo Rustichini, 1990.
"Vintage Capital, Investment and Growth,"
886, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Philippe Michel & Alain Venditti, 1997. "Optimal growth and cycles in overlapping generations models (*)," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 511-528.
- Céline Rochon & Herakles Polemarchakis, 2006. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 179-211, 01.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1988.
"Can there be short-period deterministic cycles when people are long lived?,"
114, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Aiyagari, S Rao, 1989. "Can There Be Short-Period Deterministic Cycles When People Are Long Lived?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-85, February.
- Herakles Polemarchakis, 2001. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," Working Papers 2001-22, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Akiomi Kitagawa & Akihisa Shibata, 2005. "Endogenous growth cycles in an overlapping generations model with investment gestation lags," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 751-762, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:30:y:2007:i:1:p:181-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.