Balanced cycles in an OLG model with a continuum of finitely-lived individuals
This paper studies the intertemporal equilibrium of a barter economy populated with a continuum of finitely-lived overlapping generations. Assuming isoelastic preferences and zero endowments at the beginning and the end of the individual's life-span, it proves the existence of an Hopf bifurcation and provides sufficient conditions on parameters for its occurrence.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/199/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1991.
"Vintage capital, investment, and growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 323-339, December.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1990. "Vintage Capital, Investment And Growth," Working Papers 90-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jess Benhabib & Aldo Rustichini, 1990. "Vintage Capital, Investment and Growth," Discussion Papers 886, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Philippe Michel & Alain Venditti, 1997. "Optimal growth and cycles in overlapping generations models (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(3), pages 511-528.
- POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M. & ROCHON, Céline, 1999.
"Debt, liquidity and dynamics,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1999034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1989.
"Can There Be Short-Period Deterministic Cycles When People Are Long Lived?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1988. "Can there be short-period deterministic cycles when people are long lived?," Staff Report 114, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Akiomi Kitagawa & Akihisa Shibata, 2005. "Endogenous growth cycles in an overlapping generations model with investment gestation lags," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(3), pages 751-762, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:30:y:2007:i:1:p:181-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.