Balanced cycles in an OLG model with a continuum of finitely-lived individuals
This paper studies the intertemporal equilibrium of a barter economy populated with a continuum of finitely-lived overlapping generations. Assuming isoelastic preferences and zero endowments at the beginning and the end of the individual's life-span, it proves the existence of an Hopf bifurcation and provides sufficient conditions on parameters for its occurrence.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/199/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Céline Rochon & Heracles M. Polemarchakis, 2000.
"Debt, Liquidity and Dynamics,"
- Herakles Polemarchakis, 2001. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," Working Papers 2001-22, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M. & ROCHON, Céline, 1999. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," CORE Discussion Papers 1999034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Philippe Michel & Alain Venditti, 1997. "Optimal growth and cycles in overlapping generations models (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(3), pages 511-528.
- Akiomi Kitagawa & Akihisa Shibata, 2005. "Endogenous growth cycles in an overlapping generations model with investment gestation lags," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(3), pages 751-762, 04.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1991.
"Vintage capital, investment, and growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 323-339, December.
- Jess Benhabib & Aldo Rustichini, 1990. "Vintage Capital, Investment and Growth," Discussion Papers 886, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1990. "Vintage Capital, Investment And Growth," Working Papers 90-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1988.
"Can there be short-period deterministic cycles when people are long lived?,"
114, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1989. "Can There Be Short-Period Deterministic Cycles When People Are Long Lived?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:30:y:2007:i:1:p:181-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.