Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model
In this paper, the dynamic programming approach is exploited in order to identify the closed loop policy function, and the consumption smoothing mechanism in an endogenous growth model with time to build, linear technology and irreversibility constraint in investment. Moreover, the link among the time to build parameter, the real interest rate, and the magnitude of the smoothing effect is deeply investigated and compared with what happens in a vintage capital model characterized by the same technology and utility function. Finally, we have analyzed the effect of time to build on the speed of convergence of the main aggregate variables. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2012
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 50 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/199/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rochelle M. Edge, 2000. "Time-to-build, time-to-plan, habit-persistence, and the liquidity effect," International Finance Discussion Papers 673, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Patrick Asea & Paul J. Zak, 1997.
"Time-to-Build and Cycles,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
767, UCLA Department of Economics.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & LICANDRO, Omar & PUCH, Luis A. & DEL RIO, Fernando, .
"Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1757, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- R. Boucekkine & F. del Rio & O. Licandro & Luis A. Puch, 2000. "Vintage Capital and the Dynamics of the AK Model," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0436, Econometric Society.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & Fernando del Rio, . "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," Working Papers 2000-01, FEDEA.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & Fernando del Rio, 2003. "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0310, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Del Rio, Fernando & Licandro, Omar, 2000. "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0003, CEPREMAP.
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Omar LICANDRO & Luis A. PUCH & Fernando DEL RIO, 2002. "Vintage Capital And the Dynamics of the AK Model," Economics Working Papers ECO2002/07, European University Institute.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Licandro, Omar & Puch, Luis A. & del Rio, Fernando, 1999. "Vintage Capital and the Dynamics of the AK Model," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000009, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mauro Bambi, 2006.
"Endogenous growth and time to build: the AK case,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
77, Society for Computational Economics.
- Bambi, Mauro & Gori, Franco, 2014.
"Unifying Time-To-Build Theory,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(08), pages 1713-1725, December.
- Luis A. Puch & Fabrice Collard & Omar Licandro, 2004.
"The short-run dynamics of optimal growth models with delays,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2004
117, Society for Computational Economics.
- Fabrice Collard & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch, 2008. "The short-run Dynamics of Optimal Growth Model with Delays," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 90, pages 127-143.
- Fabrice Collard & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch, 2003. "The short-run dynamics of optimal growth models with delays," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0311, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Collard, Fabrice & Licandro, Omar & Puch, Luis, 2005. "The Short-Run Dynamics of Optimal Growth Models with Delays," CEPR Discussion Papers 5414, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabrice COLLARD & Omar LICANDRO & Luis A. PUCH, 2004. "The short-run dynamics of optimal growth models with delays," Economics Working Papers ECO2004/04, European University Institute.
- Fabrice Collard & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch, . "The short-run dynamics of optimal growth models with delays," Working Papers 2004-05, FEDEA.
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed A & Loehman, Edna & Whinston, Andrew B, 1972. "An Optimal Growth Model with Time Lags," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(6), pages 1137-46, November.
- Hippolyte d’Albis & Emmanuelle Augeraud-Véron, 2007.
"Balanced cycles in an OLG model with a continuum of finitely-lived individuals,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 30(1), pages 181-186, January.
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Emmanuelle Augeraud-Véron, 2007. "Balanced cycles in an OLG model with a continuum of finitely-lived individuals," Post-Print hal-00630229, HAL.
- Fabbri, Giorgio & Gozzi, Fausto, 2008. "Solving optimal growth models with vintage capital: The dynamic programming approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 331-373, November.
- Akiomi Kitagawa & Akihisa Shibata, 2005. "Endogenous growth cycles in an overlapping generations model with investment gestation lags," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(3), pages 751-762, 04.
- Ortigueira, Salvador & Santos, Manuel S, 1997. "On the Speed of Convergence in Endogenous Growth Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 383-99, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:50:y:2012:i:3:p:635-669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.