Exchange rate volatility and demand for money in less developed countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H. & Bundt, Thomas P., 1990. "Currency substitution and monetary autonomy: the foreign demand for US demand deposits," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 325-334, September.
- Thomas Willett & Edward Tower, 1970. "Currency areas and exchange-rate flexibility," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 105(1), pages 48-65, September.
- Marquez, Jaime, 1987. "Money demand in open economies: A currency substitution model for Venezuela," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-178, June.
- Sidney S. Alexander, 1952. "Effects of a Devaluation on a Trade Balance," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 2(2), pages 263-278, April.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Cuddington, John T. & Cuddington, John T., 1983. "Currency substitution, capital mobility and money demand," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-133, August.
- Holden, Paul & Holden, Merle & Suss, Esther C, 1979. "The Determinants of Exchange Rate Flexibility: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 327-333, August.
- Arango, Sebastian & Ishaq Nadiri, M., 1981. "Demand for money in open economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 69-83.
- Mcgibany, James M. & Nourzad, Farrokh, 1995. "Exchange rate volatility and the demand for money in the U.S," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 411-425.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vittorio Daniele & Pasquale Foresti & Oreste Napolitano, 2017.
"The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011,"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 11(2), pages 217-244, May.
- Daniele, Vittorio & Foresti, Pasquale & Napolitano, Oreste, 2017. "The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67219, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9358-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:beo:journl:v:62:y:2017:i:213:p:45-66 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMoney Demand; Exchange Rate Volatility; Bounds Testing; Less Developed Countries; E41; F30;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jecfin:v:37:y:2013:i:3:p:442-452. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .