Money demand in open economies: A currency substitution model for Venezuela
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amy Durrell & Philip R. Israilevich & K. J. Kowalewski, 1986. "Will the dollar's decline help Ohio manufacturers?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug.
- Stephen A. Meyer, 1986. "Trade deficits and the dollar: a macroeconomic perspective," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Sep, pages 15-25.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Javier Gómez P., 1998. "La Demanda Por Dinero En Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002969, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Hilde Bjørnland, 2005.
"A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: the case of Venezuela,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 375-385.
- C. Bjørnland, Hilde, 2003. "A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: The case of Venezuela," Memorandum 12/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Heimonen, Kari, 2008. "Substituting a substitute currency," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 66-84.
- Hudgins, David & Yoskowitz, David, 2004. "Dollarization versus coordination: policy for small countries facing dollar dilemmas and financial liberalization," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 239-247, February.
- Yu Hsing, 2006. "Tests of Functional Forms, Currency Substitution, and Capital Mobility of Czech Money Demand Function," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 291-299.
- Pere Gomis-Porqueras & Carlos Serrano & Alejandro Somuano, 2005.
"Dollar-denominated accounts in Latin America during the 1990s,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 29(2), pages 259-270, June.
- Gomis-Porqueras, Pedro & Serrano, Carlos & Somuano, Alejandro, 2005. "Dollar denominated accounts in Latin America during the 1990s," MPRA Paper 38370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hossain, Akhand Akhtar, 2010. "Monetary targeting for price stability in Bangladesh: How stable is its money demand function and the linkage between money supply growth and inflation?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 564-578, December.
- Arize, Augustine C. & Malindretos, John & Shwiff, Steven S., 1999. "Structural breaks, cointegration, and speed of adjustment Evidence from 12 LDCs money demand," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 399-420, November.
- Sahar Bahmani, 2013. "Exchange rate volatility and demand for money in less developed countries," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(3), pages 442-452, July.
- Buffie, Edward F. & O'Connell, Stephen A. & Adam, Christopher, 2010. "Fiscal inertia, donor credibility, and the monetary management of aid surges," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 287-298, November.
- Arrau, Patricio & de Gregorio, Jose, 1991. "Financial innovation and money demand : theory and empirical implementation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 585, The World Bank.
- Harrison, Barry & Vymyatnina, Yulia, 2007. "Currency substitution in a de-dollarizing economy : the case of Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2007, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Dorsainvil, Kathleen, 2001. "The parallel market as a policy instrument in collapsing exchange rate regimes," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 27-43.
- Steven B. Kamin & Neil R. Ericsson, 1993. "Dollarization in Argentina," International Finance Discussion Papers 460, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yu Hsing, 2007. "Tests of the functional form, the substitution effect, and the wealth effect of Mexico´s money demand function," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, May.
- Heimonen, Kari, 2001. "Substituting a substitute currency : The case of Estonia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 11/2001, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Yu Hsing, 2007. "Currency Substitution, Capital Mobility and Functional Forms of Money Demand in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 35-48, Jan-Jun.
- Kamin, Steven B. & Ericsson, Neil R., 2003. "Dollarization in post-hyperinflationary Argentina," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 185-211, April.
- Kari Heimonen, 2006. "The Dynamics of Currency Substitution: Evidence from UK Foreign Currency Balances," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 5(1), pages 61-74, April.
- Fridman Alla & Verbetsky Aleksey, 2001. "Currency Substitution in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 01-05e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 1994. "La politique économique en présence de substitution de monnaies," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 45(3), pages 349-368.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Raymond Chi Wing Ng, 2002. "Long-Run Demand for Money in Hong Kong: An Application of the ARDL Model," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 1(2), pages 147-155, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:6:y:1987:i:2:p:167-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.