Friday the 13th and the philosophical basis of financial economics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anonymous, 1998. "Research Updates," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 29(1), February.
- Paul Brockman & David Michayluk, 1998. "The persistent holiday effect: additional evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 205-209.
- Dyl, Edward A & Maberly, Edwin D, 1988. " The Anomaly That Isn't There: A Comment on Friday the Thirteenth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1285-1286, December.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Kolb, Robert W & Rodriguez, Ricardo J, 1987. " Friday the Thirteenth: 'Part VII'--A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1385-1387, December.
- Saunders, Edward M, Jr, 1993. "Stock Prices and Wall Street Weather," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1337-1345, December.
- Frankfurter, George M. & McGoun, Elton G., 1999. "Ideology and the theory of financial economics," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 159-177, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yaâ€™akov M. Bayer, Bradley J. Ruffle, Zeâ€™ev Shtudiner, Roâ€™i Zultan, 2018. "Costly Superstitious Beliefs: Experimental Evidence," LCERPA Working Papers 0114, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 01 Mar 2018.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Rottmann, Horst, 2014.
"Is there a Friday the 13th effect in emerging Asian stock markets?,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(C), pages 17-26.
- Benjamin R. Auer & Horst Rottmann, 2013. "Is there a Friday the 13th Effect in Emerging Asian Stock Markets?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4409, CESifo Group Munich.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Rottmann, Horst, 2013. "Is there a Friday the 13th effect in ermerging Asian stock markets?," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 35, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Luk, Stephen & Lai, Aaron, 2008. "Willingness to pay and nuanced cultural cues: Evidence from Hong Kong's license-plate auction market," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 35-53, February.
- Glenn Boyle & Andrew Hagan & R. Seini O'Connor & Nick Whitwell, 2004.
"Emotion, fear and superstition in the New Zealand stockmarket,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 65-85.
- Boyle, Glenn & Hagan, Andrew & O'Connor, R. Seini, 2004. "Emotion, Fear and Superstition in the New Zealand Stockmarket," Working Paper Series 3873, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jecfin:v:24:y:2000:i:3:p:294-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .