Are Local or International influences responsible for the pre-holiday behaviour of Irish equities?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brian Lucey, 2005. "Are local or international influences responsible for the pre-holiday behaviour of Irish equities?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(6), pages 381-389.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cadsby, Charles Bram & Ratner, Mitchell, 1992. "Turn-of-month and pre-holiday effects on stock returns: Some international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 497-509, June.
- Josef Lakonishok, Seymour Smidt, 1988. "Are Seasonal Anomalies Real? A Ninety-Year Perspective," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(4), pages 403-425.
- Brian Lucey, 2000. "Anomalous daily seasonality in Ireland?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(10), pages 637-640.
- M. J. Fields, 1934. "Security Prices and Stock Exchange Holidays in Relation to Short Selling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7, pages 328-328.
- Paul Brockman & David Michayluk, 1998. "The persistent holiday effect: additional evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 205-209.
- Bhardwaj, Ravinder K & Brooks, LeRoy D, 1992. "Stock Price and Degree of Neglect as Determinants of Stock Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 101-112, Summer.
- Barone, E., 1990. "The italian stock market : Efficiency and calendar anomalies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 483-510, August.
- Zainudin Arsad & J. Andrew Coutts, 1997. "Security price anomalies in the London International Stock Exchange: a 60 year perspective," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(5), pages 455-464.
- Kim, Chan-Wung & Park, Jinwoo, 1994. "Holiday Effects and Stock Returns: Further Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 145-157, March.
- Theobald, Michael & Price, Vera, 1984. " Seasonality Estimation in Thin Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 377-392, June.
- Pettengill, Glenn N, 1989. "Holiday Closings and Security Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 12(1), pages 57-67, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan & Nistor, Costel, 2012. "Holiday effects during quiet and turbulent times," MPRA Paper 41625, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Mar 2012.
- Xing Lu & Neel Patel, 2016. "Festivity Anomaly in Indian Stock Market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 851-856.
- Meneu, Vicente & Pardo, Angel, 2004. "Pre-holiday effect, large trades and small investor behaviour," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 231-246, March.
More about this item
KeywordsIreland; Non-Parametric; Stock Returns;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iis:dispap:iiisdp056. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colette Keleher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cetcdie.html .